Accounting Manager II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- Accounting Manager for Fixed Assets Group in the Finance Shared Services Center.
- This position is responsible for all activities related to Property Tax, Fixed Assets and Intangibles capitalization processing and reporting requirements.
- Manage the day-to-day Shared Services Fixed Assets Department activities for multiple legal entities; support three direct reports to ensure timely and accurate execution of Fixed Assets & Intangibles' month-end close activities; process internal orders and settlements, capitalization of cost to final assets, system depreciation and account reconciliation.
- Review fixed asset processes and flow of transactions to ensure process adherence and effective control environment and compliance with Company's Fixed Asset Policies.
- Review policy and assess changes when necessary.
- Establish regular coordinating efforts with various business partners/groups/functions to ensure timely capitalization of construction in process projects, assets physical counts, and impairment reviews and assessments.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of property tax filing and payments to various counties in all the U.S.
- Identify processes gaps/control deficiencies, and evaluate, develop and execute plans for mitigating control risks/process improvements.
- Prepare and review various requests from external audit examinations for property and financial audits and address audit questions and findings.
- Review of various month-end reports for fixed assets and intangibles included in the monthly financial package submitted to Corporate.
- Perform in-depth and document monthly and quarterly financial variance analysis for capital assets and intangibles and review of key accounts for proper capitalization of expenditures.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting. CPA is desirable but not required.
- 12+ years' of experience with focus on General Accounting; minimum 2 years' focus on the area of Fixed Assets processing and Accounting, and SAP.
- Strong ability to independently resolve issues.
- Strong ability to Influence others to make process improvement changes.
- Lead team to develop and apply best practices in doing their respective jobs.
- SAP is a complex ERP system. Possess a high degree of understanding of SAP Fixed Assets and GL modules.
- Strong Fixed Assets operational experience a must.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.