What you'll be doing:
- Submitting monthly entries and reporting package.
- Preparing detailed group financial reports including contribution statements, variance reporting tracking actual vs. plan performance for Opex and R&D spending for the site. Review and analyze monthly operational spend.
- Identify and research areas with significant variance from budget, and coordinate any adjustments with Shared Service group to ensure that expenses are properly recorded as to amounts and department(s).
- Assist in the monthly close process.
- Manage one staff accountant
What you need for this role:
- Proficient in Visual ERP, Hyperion, Microsoft Excel and strong computer related skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Solid analytical skills to effectively identify problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with excellent business writing skills.
- Experience managing other staff in the accounting function.
- Strong accounting background and computer skills are essential.
- Experience working in finance for a life science company is a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- BS in Accounting.
- 8+ years of experience in finance or related area.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
- Opportunities for growth and training
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
- Great work environment
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- EEO/AA Employer/Veterans/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age