Accounting Compliance Manager Deerfield United States,
Accounting Compliance Manager
501 - Accounting & Finance
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Accounting Compliance Manager is responsible for development and assessment of Internal Control Design including Process Maps, Control Matrices and Process Narratives for Key Areas affecting Financial Statement balances, Accounting Operations, and/or Statutory Reporting. This position provides oversight for all aspects of the set-up, user compliance, segregation of duties, system access and administration of Accounting Support Systems. The individual in this role will: (a) Develop an Annual Audit Plan; (b) Perform audits to document controls and their Operating Effectiveness along with Recommendations for Remediation; (c) Assist the Controller in drafting new policies, when necessary, and (d) Conduct periodic testing of policy compliance per timing in Annual Audit Plan.
- Develops and maintains process maps, narratives and control matrices for various financial processes for use by external auditors and Corporate Controlling. Proactively identifies Control gaps to minimize risk of fraud or material errors to the financial statements.
- Develops Annual Audit Calendar by type and frequency (weekly, monthly, annually, ad hoc) based on high-risk areas. Performs audits per approved schedule including a formal report to key stakeholders and recommendations for remediation of any control deficiencies:
- System Access and Segregation of Duties
- Service Organization Controls and Related User Controls (SOC 1 & 2 Reports)
- Corporate Compliance Reporting (e.g. Over $1 million)
- Executive Expense Trends
- Policy Compliance and Training
- Ad hoc audits as assigned by Controller, VP- Finance, President, or Corporate Controlling
- Monthly Summary of Accounting Compliance Findings issued in binder (paper or electronic) by 20th of each month for review by Auditors and Executive Management.
- Drafts new policies as required by changes to the business or operations. Reviews and updates existing policies to align with business or operations.
- Manages Concur Travel & Expense Reporting System
- Coordinates configuration and submits service tickets for any system breakdown in processing or controls with IT or service provider technical support as necessary to avoid business disruptions.
- Coordinates master data changes with HR as approved.
- Follows up on past due expenses, tracking items over 60 days outstanding for HR documentation and action.
- Owns training, including all required SOP’s for Concur and any other relevant Travel and Expense documents necessary for comprehensive understanding and competency of users, approvers and administrators
- Insures audit rules and audit profiles/platforms are updated as necessary for changes in state and federal laws (tax, spend, compliance, etc.), as well as for changes to company policies
- Maintains Company Travel & Expense Polices
- Maintains documents necessary for website access on Concur and Sales Management pages on BrainWeb for easy access by Line of Business Users.
- Works with Financial Analysts and Line of Business Management for ad hoc reporting related to budget tracking/trending
- Oversight of Company Credit Card Program
- Maintains both Corporate Travel Card and P-Card Policies and Supporting Documentation
- Owns training, including all required SOP’s for Travel & P-Cards, and other documents necessary for comprehensive understanding and competency of users, approvers and administrators
- Monitors Credit Card Requests to make sure only authorized cards are active and follows up on Fraud alerts in conjunction with bank controls.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited BS in Accounting (or other related field such as Tax, Finance, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Internal Audit or SOX compliance
- 2+ years of experience with Travel Expense Reporting system/process
- Proven Project Management skills
- Intermediate Excel Skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- CPA or CIA Designation (or other Internal Controls certification)
- Accounts Payable
- Willingness/Ability to travel less than 5% domestically.
Find a Job Find Candidates