This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 16 May 2017
- A dynamic team of professionals who have built a company into what is now, a global leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced 3D measurement technology systems.
- Our roots are deep; for over 35 years, our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions have been trusted by the world s foremost organizations and institutes in medicine, industry, simulation, and academia.
- People rely on us for best-in-class measurement accuracy and reliability from image-guided surgery to aeronautics; from quality assurance to biomechanics research.
- We re growing and are looking for great people to join us.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of a variety of accounting and finance functions within the company. This position will interact closely with other internal teams, and will gain broad exposure to the Finance department s day-to-day operations.
What You Will Be Responsible For: Accounts Receivable
- Manage past due accounts by contacting overdue customers to prompt payment.
- Review A/R Aging to ensure it reconciles to the company balance sheet;
- Enter AP invoices and process payments for our US Subsidiary;
- Review A/P Aging to ensure it reconciles to the company balance sheet;
- Prepare the HST & VAT returns on a monthly basis;
- Maintain Capital Asset database;
- Assist in various other accounting areas, as determined by the Accounting Manager.
Responsibility for the Reception Area
Work in this role involves coverage of the reception area during lunches, and acting as back up during sick days and vacation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary accounting program;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with spreadsheet construction and maintenance;
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Experience in an R&D/Manufacturing company preferred.
- 1-3 years in an accounting environment would be preferred
Being a Part of our Team:
- When you walk through our doors, you will find an open-concept office that promotes collaborative teamwork and fresh ideas.
- We enjoy tackling new challenges and developing new pathways.
- We are looking for innovative, hard-working individuals who don t see this as a job, but as a career choice.
- If this sounds like you, our HR team would love to hear from you.
Find a Job Find Candidates