This job is currently Archived,
Accountant - MMS Revenue Recognition San Diego United States,
Becton Dickinson (company)
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- Our company is a global medical technology company focused on addressing many of the world's most pressing and evolving health needs.
- With our combined technology and expertise, we will become a global leader helping to transform the quality and cost of care for patients and clinicians worldwide.
- Join us in our mission to improve the future of healthcare and help all people lead healthy lives.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- The team is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records.
- Revenue are recognized and reported in line with the Company s revenue recognition policy and GAAP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates working understanding of source documentation and be able to adapt to various accounting and financial recording systems (CRM and SAP)
- Applies working knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial close processes, controls and financial statement preparation to daily work
- Prepares journal entries
- Reviews transactions and prepares reconciliations, adhering to compliance standards
- Assist in testing and implementing any project related work
- Work cross functionally with IT as system support for testing and system changes
- Monitor / Validate system accrual functionality
- Support ongoing SOX testing and validation
Skills & Credentials:
- Attention to detail as well as big picture view
- Strong communication skills and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet timelines under pressure while producing accurate results
- Be a team player
- Knowledge / Interest in systems
- Natural Curiosity around the How and Why
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years experience required in a related role (some work experience preferred)
- CPA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- SAP, CRM, BW & Qlikview experience preferred
San Diego California
Find a Job Find Candidates