This job is currently Archived,
Accountant I - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 11 September 2017
Responsible for monthly G/L closing, including preparation of journal entries, reviewing balance sheet and income statement accounts and financial reporting with a basic level of complexity in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare basic monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze operating expenses.
- Administer financial control tasks and procedures.
- Assist with review of SEC reporting documents.
- Ensure accounting policies are being followed.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation.
- Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting (preferred) or related discipline.
- Experience: 0 to 2 years experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification: CPA a plus.
- Other: Excellent spreadsheet skills required. SAP experience a plus. Good communications skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet