Account Manager Tomato Fresh High Tech - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Your challenge In the role of Account Manager, you will drive our Tomato Fresh High Tech business growth within our Crop Science business unit for the Belgium, Netherlands, France and UK region.
- In this role, you will be part of a direct team of 4 people (1 Sales Specialist – 1 Product Specialist – 2 Account Managers (yourself included)) focusing on the Tomato Fresh High Tech business.
- You will be reporting directly to the Crop Sales Manager.
Your main tasks and responsibilities Sales
- Plan, review, adapt and execute the annual and/or more annual sales plan for the crop in the entire country in line with Marketing & Sales (M&S) strategy in order to match the plan with the production plan and stock.
- Support the Crop Sales Manager in the steering and peer-coaching of the Sales Specialists in other areas in order to achieve the sales targets for the crop in your assigned region.
- Introduce company, product to (potential) national and international customers in line with M&S strategy in order to inform and acquire customers.
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual and/or more annual contracts and concepts, within broader guidelines, in order to realize the short term sales targets and the long term partnership relation.
- Steer the Customer Team to assure all aspects for the correct development of the projects being carried out with the strategic customers being the most proactive link to always anticipate the critical path and avoid failure.
- Direct involvement in international or cross-border projects with customers is a part of your work, Marketing
- Provide market, price, and product information regarding the crop in the country in order to contribute to the formulation of the M&S plan in the international crop team.
- Report to management in order to inform about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
- Cash Management
- Take care of the money collection in line with the financial policy and the payment terms in order to ensure sufficient cash flow.
- Product Development
- Contribute to the trial program in line with M&S strategy in order to come up with proposals regarding the assortment.
- Initiate the introduction of new varieties and propose on price level, and product forms in order to contribute to commercial success of new varieties.
Who you are
- Previous experience that demonstrates a proven track record achieving business growth.
- Affinity with agriculture and knowledge of high tech green house or crops is required to be successful in this role.
- As you will be covering the market in Belgium, Netherlands, France and England, knowledge of Dutch, French and English, both oral and written, is mandatory for this role.
- Sound interpersonal skills; ability to listen, to analyze customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders.
- Social versatility and the ability to adapt to different cultures and social levels.
- High level of commercial and communication skills.
- Natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grown the business and to expand current business relations.
- Team worker with the ability to work in a matrix organization and mentor colleagues in the sales activity.