- Lead the sales effort for Pioneer Brand products.
- Perform direct selling activities, provide agronomy services to local growers, and serve as a coach and leader to a team of sales professionals.
- Directly manage the assignment of customers and prospects to sales representatives.
- Provide leadership and vision for the distribution channel (representatives, dealers) in the district.
- Administer North American Sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the district.
- Continue to teach and develop the agronomic skills of district sales representatives.
- Manage sales representative performance through the establishment, communication and clarification of expectations.
- Hold individuals accountable for meeting established performance standards.
- Call on customers with representatives and serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sales representatives, dealers.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects and manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts which include developing and maintaining the relationship, and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale.
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Pioneer products and services and trouble shoots some customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Continually teach representatives new and better ways to meet the needs of the customer.
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products and services and build relationships.
- Continually evaluate performance of individuals against standards and provide feedback that will enhance their sales performance.
- Provide necessary skills and knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives. Recruit, select and retain a high quality professional sales force that can meet the needs of customers.
- Manage assigned account responsibility at the sales representative level, focusing customer by customer.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
- Work with Area Sales Manager on customer and prospect management and territory management.
- Understand customer needs and provide feedback to organization on product performance, program effectiveness and competitive activity.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- At least 5 years sales experience, managing and coaching individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of: Selling methodologies and techniques.
- Agronomy and crop production practices. Marketing tools and techniques.
- Our company product offerings in relation to seed.
- Competitive product/service offerings; local agricultural markets; value chain and crop production practices.