The Account Manager will drive sales growth to gain market share, and defend erosion targets in assigned Accounts across Israel.
- Actively scout for and be involved in Lead generation activities to identify new accounts and product opportunities.
- Be able to provide high level information about techniques and products with the continuous aim of optimizing sales success.
- Identify customer needs and trends and always present company product and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for ensuring the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory half year targets
- Actively sell the increased value of company products and services and always negotiate the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
- Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Develop and own penetration plans in his / her Accounts.
- Maintain an effective time and territory management plan; Always able to professionally present on the current status of the territory, account planning and its business growth potentials.
- Maintain accurate customer and prospect information utilizing approved information and database tools and technologies
- Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts considered key to company success.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Own the customer experience in his/her accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
- Build a long term strong relationship with the Accounts to brickwall against competitive threats.
- Participation in tradeshow/exhibitions
- A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree in the field of Chemistry or Natural Sciences.
- Knowledge of the analytical instrument sales market is a plus, with particular reference to:
- Atomic Spectroscopy, Mass Spectrometry, Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry
- Liquid & Gas Chromatography and Tandem Mass Spectrometry
- UltraViolet/Visible Spectrophotomers,
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) & Thermogravimetry (TGA)
- Infrared Spectroscopy Systems (FTIR)
- 3-5 years of Field Sales experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be Professional and Ethical with high Integrity.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Capable of influence and motivating others.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills, is team orientated and highly communicative.
- Expertise in the field of environmental health protection and / or the assessment of safety and quality of drugs and food, as well as the knowledge of the regulatory in those fields, will be considered a further advantage
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence and self-discipline.
- Strong experience in project management, excellent planning and organizational skills and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Excellent marketing acumen and be able operate effectively in a matrix business environment.
- Willingness to travel is essential (50%+).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong active listening capability is a key to succees.
- Ability to perform in a complex matrix organizational structure being able to effectively influence across functional boundaries.
- Proficient in English, and preferentially a third language
- Valid driver's license and good driving record is mandatory