This job is currently Archived,
Account Manager II - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 29 May 2017
Responsible for achieving quarterly and annual sales targets for assigned region for all company products and services into commercial mid-tier accounts in a designated geographical region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with both the specialist sales staff and management teams to increase market share of both in-house and outsourced revenue spend at assigned accounts.
- Generate account-specific sales strategies to sell all company products and services.
- Prepare and provide accurate account forecasts for assigned accounts/territories throughout the year to track achievements versus goals.
- Develop and qualify account leads through frequent customer contact and prospecting.
- Gather data on potential customers in the designated geographic region.
- Build relationships with customers to influence the acceptance and use of company products and services.
- Communicate available products and services and inform customers of new products and services in a timely manner.
- Handle initial inquires and qualify all prospective opportunities. Identify the drug development business model at these accounts and effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s products and services.
- Work collaboratively with the specialist sales staff to ensure that the customer has a cohesive and responsive team throughout the sales process
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive territory management plan to indicate target opportunities, potential new accounts, expansion of existing accounts and an analysis of competitor accounts.
- Gather data on marketing trends and competitive products and pricing.
- Utilize CRM to capture customer information.
- Complete all required sales documentation in a timely manner.
- Participate in sales meetings and trade shows as required.
- Share customer problems/concerns with all appropriate departments for quality resolution.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in life sciences, sales or related discipline.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience, preferably in life science industry.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: Valid driver’s license required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of standard office computer applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail).