Account Manager Clinical Diagnostics - temporary position for 1 year - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Sells a variety of consumable products and small equipment to a defined set of accounts in a designated territory.
- Works as part of a high-functioning team, including Instrument System Specialists, Field Application Specialists and Product Managers.
- Acts as principal contact for each assigned accounts, and will apply resources or direct team members to reach specific objectives or resolve specific issues; reports to a Regional Sales Manager.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Identifies and develops new client opportunities
- Resolves customer problems or concerns and provide potential and existing customers with written quotations.
- Creates and utilizes a territory sales plan
- Prioritizes project planning, meeting competing customer requests/deadlines and organized territory management
- Manages contacts, activities, calendar, and sales pipeline through daily use of Sales Force
- Works in conjunction with marketing and other sales teams to develop and implement sales and marketing plans.
- Along with his/her account team, builds a basic territory plan that consists of account and major product goals.
- Content should include major strategies, tactics and timelines.
- Develops and demonstrates a thorough understanding of selling skills and sales forecasting
- Monitors and evaluates competitive services, pricing and other activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to produce results while working with multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong technical skills to demonstrate instruments and/or consumables for research
- Strong analytical skills to analyze territory data and technical information
- Ability to operate effectively with diverse professionals in a team environment.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- May involve basic laboratory skills, including sample preparation
- Master degree in biology or equivalent
- 5+ years of sales experience selling products in the medical instruments marketplace or equivalent combination of education and experience.