Account Manager - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As an Account Manager you will be responsible for increasing sales for microfluidics, Liquid Handling & automation equipment.
- Key areas of focus for your territory will be instruments and reagent products within the Pharma and Biotech Industry as well as covering universities and CRO’s.
- Duties include presenting company capabilities in the marketplace, providing a first line of contact to our prospective customers, working to increase our market share, and representing company in existing accounts.
Priorities and Objectives
- Increase Perkin Elmer’s market share by identifying new customers.
- Maintain existing customer base and grow these accounts.
- Plan face to face meetings with new and existing customers.
- Execute an account “mapping” strategy to identify the key players within each account(s).
- Understand competitors in the market place.
- Develop specific annual growth plans in designated account(s).
- Network within designated account(s) to fully understand their needs.
- Developing proposals to provide system solutions to your customer’s needs.
- Help identify and close business opportunities with sales territory.
- Monitoring sales growth and new opportunities within designated account(s).
- Monitoring overall customer satisfaction with our products and services.
Grow Geographic Sales Volume:
- Execute a sales plan that is part of the region's and company's strategic objectives.
- Direct growth-oriented activities directed at our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability. Utilize resources effectively.
Grow Designated Account(s) Sales Volume.
- Execute a sales plan specific to designated account(s) which promotes the growth of reagent product lines.
- Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability. Utilize other sales and support resources effectively within the account(s).
Develop and implement business plans.
- Maintain an effective time and territory management plan
- Present business and technical information. Identify customer needs and trends.
- Provide information about techniques and products.
- Follow up inquiries about goods and services. Maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company’s Customer Relationship Software.
- Timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates and healthy funnel management through continual prospecting efforts are important.
- As part of the Reagent Sales Specialist role, you should also monitor business opportunities which fall within the designated account(s).
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Facilitate solving customer problems through training, information and recommendation of solutions.
- Knowledge of competitive offerings. Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer
- Technical Skills: You will be required to have a technical understanding of the products but will be supported by a local application specialist. Previous experience either using or selling similar products would be beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required enabling you to tailor your style and content depending on the customer base/position. We are looking for a candidate who will be enthusiastic not only with customers but also when working with colleagues.
- Team Skills: You will be part of the UK / Ireland Team who support each other by sharing postive experiences, success stories, technical know how and account knowledge. Work within a platform where we provide feedback to colleagues on industry trends, customers growth opportunities
- Business & Organization Knowledge: It will be necessary to create a territory plan, a business plan and a plan of key accounts. Highlighting how you will retain and grow existing customer and how you will generate new business within the territory.
- Change Management: The market place is an evolving arena which requires company to be flexible in its structure and organisation in order to be successful, this sometimes means that we have to modify roles to suit – you will be expected to facilitate and embrace this change
- A degree or equivalent in life sciences or related subject.
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Full UK driving licence
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory regularly and occasionally to Head Office in Bucks.