This job is currently Archived,
Account Manager Cambridge United Kingdom, Chelmsford United Kingdom, Ipswich United Kingdom,
Posted on : 19 May 2017
Job Description :
- The Account Manager will be responsible for the sale of products from the Analytical Solutions portfolio of our company in a manner which positively reflects the Company image and will report to the UK South Sales Team Leader.
- There is a strong preference for the candidate to live in this area.
The product portfolio falls into two areas:
- Separation Sciences including Gas Chromatography (GC) and Liquid Chromatography (LC);
- Spectroscopy including Ultraviolet (UV), Infrared (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA) and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP).
- Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage, however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
Priorities and Objectives
- To compete for all sales opportunities within the territory, ensuring that all necessary resources needed are used in order to close business in favor of our company.
- To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered.
- Competes for all sales opportunities within the territory
- Builds and maintains relationships with customers
- Constant attempts to secure business in new accounts
- Gains knowledge of customer funding procedures
- Develops and maintains the SFDC (Salesforce) customer/prospect records
- Attend seminars, exhibitions and demonstrations to promote business
- Maintains knowledge of products and prepares, collects and maintains presentation aids.
- Maintains knowledge of competitors products
- Regular business forecasts
- Involvement with customer account receivables
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full driving licence
- Proven sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation an advantage
- Sales training will be given to laboratory technicians/scientists who have used relevant instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory, to Head Office in Seer Green and sometimes overseas on an ad hoc basis.
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
Cambridge Cambridge UKChelmsford Essex UKIpswich Suffolk UK
Find a Job Find Candidates