The Account Coordinator is the ambassador and first voice of KARL STORZ to serve the customers. They strive to complete all external customer requests on the first call. The Account Coordinator answers incoming calls from Customer, Repair and FST queues, fulfills internal and external customer requests and inquiries, resolves customer problems on an as-needed basis. Specific duties include customer order processing, returns, repair orders, data input and fulfilling customer requests regarding order status, pricing and substitutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all external customer calls regarding orders, availability of equipment, returns etc.
- Resolves customer's problems. Ensures all problems are resolved and follow-up is completed in a timely manner and according to service level agreements. Conducts situational research for customer problem resolution.
- Answers calls from the External Support, FST (Field Service Technician), and repair queues. Call volume is approximately 400-800 queue calls per month. Responsible for booking call in-orders averaging 250-500 per month.
- Creates orders from hard copy PO’s received via fax from hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices.
- Handles FST voicemail and faxed orders.
- Answers incoming calls from Customer, Repair and FST queues, fulfills internal and external customer requests and inquiries, and resolves customer problems on as-needed basis. Specific duties include customer order processing, data input and fulfilling customer requests regarding order status, pricing and substitutions.
- Prepares credit and debits to adjust accounts.
- Stays current on promotions, procedures, policies, product updates and system changes. Prepares discount authorizations while obtaining appropriate approval. Notifies sales reps orders over $5K and credit over $1500.
- Assist in training new hires once experience level has been established.
- A minimum education level of a(n) High School Diploma required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 1 –3 years previous customer service and call center experience required.
- Coordinators must be motivated and organized to perform duties in a timely manner, adhering to guidelines and established time frames.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Candidates must also possess solid business writing skills, problem solving skills and the ability to calculate figures and amounts (such as percentages) when processing orders or account adjustments.
- Qualified candidates will possess strong computer skills and will be trained on the Company's sales and distribution system.
- Prior experience using MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook are required; prior experience using SAP is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a strong plus, as this individual will also be required to learn the necessary medical terminology to function effectively in the role.
About the Company:
As the largest privately held medical device company in the world, KARL STORZ has achieved global preeminence in endoscopes and medical imaging devices used in minimally invasive surgery. Our dedication to employee achievement and development through effective training and our commitment to a workforce that reflects and respects global diversity and the future of the environment have allowed KARL STORZ to serve our customers for over 60 years.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. KARL STORZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.