This job is currently Archived,
Academic Account Manager - Belgium
GE Healthcare (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
- Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, our company delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- There is no other life sciences company quite like our company.
- A $5 billion business with morethan 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine.
- For more than years, our company has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy.
- Our company works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future.
- We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
- To position our company within the selected customer segment & be recognized as the provider of a complete scientific workflow solution focused around protein separation, purification, identification, characterization through to kinetics and cellular impact and thus to develop opportunities for the business to obtain maximum synergy from the company focus & structure. Deliver expected sales growth and profit objectives within a defined number of critical customer accounts.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
- To actively position our company within the market with respect to the company vision of becoming known as the gold standard scientific supplier for protein separation, identification, characterization through to cellular interaction.
- Primarily to agree, develop and manage business plans that will position our company as a trusted scientific partner around protein science, but also commercial excellence and by so doing exceed growth and profit targets, delivered within the most cost-effective route and time-frame possible.
- Engage sales specialists in both the design and execution of account business plans and to undertake a key role in driving effective team work (supporting the Sales Leader – Life Sciences) within a complex matrix sales environment. To take personal ownership to drive and manage the commercial positioning of our company, whilst also supporting the scientific positioning and capabilities of the company and in so doing actively lead find and develop new business opportunities to accelerate growth.
- To map the structure of customer contacts within selected accounts, forming strong business relationships by regular customer field visits so as to understand the external customer’s business issues and challenges within the field of proteins. To then design with specialist colleagues with the incorporation of sales tools such as Territory & Account Plans, a business process focused at delivering customer expectations and accelerating our company growth within the account by meeting identified scientific and commercial needs.
- Develop a sales strategy/plan for the key accounts to differentiate position and protect Life Sciences business, towards a sustainable competitive advantage. Know key decision-makers, sources of funding, credit-worthiness, competitor ‘SWOT’, and market trends.
- Identify progress and manage major contract negotiations and renewal of business opportunities, plus assist in effective management of the tender process working to improve the professionalism of our company responses and ultimately improve our conversion rate of awards.
- Foster long-term business relationships and, where appropriate and approved drive collaborative projects with key individuals or groups within these key accounts and our marketing / R&D teams.
- Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competence on relevant Life Sciences products, techniques and applications to support the scientific positioning in line with our company strategy. Maintain training and understanding to have the knowledge to be able to position and differentiate the company on a commercial excellence footing.
- Accurately forecast sales and growth opportunities within designated territory, using sales tools and applications. Prepare and participate in business reviews/forecasts for Sales Leader – Life Sciences, thus ensuring a constant flow of information relating to the territory/key accounts, and the requirements of the Company.
- Assist and advise the Life Science Sales Leader on all aspects of the allocated key account management, highlighting opportunities and risks by maintaining an awareness of competitor activities / developments and ensure that this information is made available to the organization.
- Organize / support the sales and marketing organisation at exhibitions, focus panels, conferences, etc. Develop and maintain good communications with key scientific opinion and relevant business leaders.
- Capture, record and maintain account profiles, records and plans, according to established account management processes, using the Company sales tools and contact data base.
- Agree, implement and review business objectives and personal development plans with line manager, plus participate and contribute to team discussion and decision-making aimed at maximizing customer sales and service standards.
- University level degree in protein sciences or related discipline or an equivalent qualification and experience gained working in the Life Science Industry (or equivalent knowledge/experience)
- Additionally, first experience selling in the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical or R&D markets
- Training in sales, the management of key accounts, and communication techniques
- A proven track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets, and a desire to grow new business
- Advanced background/training in and understanding of Life Sciences products
- Experience understanding customer needs and business drivers and using this knowledge to develop account plans and strategies (knowledge of the existing account areas would be advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal skills including, team working skills and good communication skills
- Persistence and tenacity in developing prospects and customers, and able to close business
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills
- Self-starter able to manage time and organize and prioritize workload, especially as an Account Manger is expected to be in the field most of the week (80 % of work time) making customers calls and recording contacts