This job is currently Archived,
A&PC System and Wonderware Engineer - Denmark
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 26 February 2017
- Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- Our current A&PC System Engineer is overloaded so we are looking for an additional Technology Lead to develop and maintain Foxboro system and Wonderware infrastructure.
- You will be the Lead Engineer responsible for maintaining the Foxboro system on a Level 2 basis.
- This involves configuring new operator stations and servers, test of new patches and major releases of Foxboro system ensuring compatibility to the installed system around the world.
- Together with motivated colleagues, you design, control and configure interfaces to other systems e.g. highest possible effective interaction between ERP and control systems to ensure a cost-efficient production.
- You become the Lead Engineer supporting the Wonderware core system (application server), designing, specifying, and purchasing server hardware, configuring virtualization software VMware and Hyper-V.
- You are always on the forefront of Wonderware software and configuring a server set in a production environment including user right, backup, and domain.
- Participating in minor projects, creating objects, and designing HMI.
- Securing support to company sites worldwide trouble shooting Wonderware and Foxboro installation, remotely.
- Supporting automation projects and provide services according to project schedules.
- We expect you to network and engage with other internal groups, like the Duet and the CAPEX Engineering teams in a way these teams can help implementing the foundations for our A&PC concept.
- The main tasks in the position are:
- Lead Engineer on the Foxboro systems.
- Lead Engineer on the Wonderware core system.
- Design and configure interfaces to other system including ERP.
- Scout, test and develop guidelines for emerging technologies, both hardware and software.
- Participate in automation projects as a systems and technology guardian
We expect you to demonstrate professional competencies like:
- Technical Degree (BS, MS, or PhD) or equivalent experience in Engineering, Automation IT discipline.
- Proven leadership skills within groups with multiply technical, leadership and national background.
- Engineering experience, preferable in automation/process control with high integration to ERP.
- Experience with SAP and business processes implemented.
- Project management experience involving multi-discipline projects and/or software/change management processes.
On the personal plan you have competencies within the following technical and general area:
- Knowledge of risk management models.
- Knowledge of process technology.
- Knowledge of food safety (HACCP, GMP).
- Knowledge of process safety.
- Fact based decision-making.
- Safety area.
- Systematic decision-making, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (also within education).
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and coordinate activities independently motivated (take initiative).
- English proficiency.