5 x Senior Supply Operations Specialists, Global Supply Chain (2 Year Contract) Job - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company Supply Chain is going through a significant evolution.
- We bring together advanced IT systems, changes in team structure, renewed processes and end to end supply visibility to enable more strategic supply management bringing greater reliability to our patients worldwide.
- The Supply Planning team is growing and we create new positions to support our evolution.
- You will be working in one of our Brand Supply “cells” – a close knit team whose objective is to ensure brand / product supply for their chosen unit.
- You will act as the lead for your assigned product/s ensuring any supply issues are managed carefully with support from the local manufacturing sites, external manufacturers, regional and local marketing teams.
- We require people who can develop innovative solutions, solve problems and communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external stakeholder.
- We also want people who are change agile and can adapt to the changing environment around them, volunteering opportunities for process improvements and seeing them through to completion.
Senior Supply Operations Specialist, Global Supply Chain (2 Year Contract)
- Responsible for meeting inventory targets, maintaining supply to markets and making the most efficient use of site resources for the manufacture and packaging of both in-line products as well as new product introductions in EMEA. The position reports directly to the Assoc. Director Supply Chain Management.
- Responsible for implementing supply chain initiatives and plans in support of the short and medium term divisional objectives and goals.
- Depending on the scope of the initiative, the Supply Operations Specialist coordinates between global and site planning.
- The Supply Operations Specialist is the primary contact for specific technologies and/or products within an EMEA manufacturing facility or Third Party Tolling partner.
- The Supply Operations Specialist understands the volume and capacity-related implications to a site as a whole resulting from product-related issues.
- The Supply Operations Specialist has the ability to perform rigorous analysis relating to multiple families and develop and implement proactive solutions.
The primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Production Plan: In line with the current planning procedures, the planner is fully responsible for developing attainable site production plans for products in their portfolio.
- Where necessary, the planner will fulfill inter-site requirements, and maintain vendor schedules and site shipping schedules to meet customer requirements.
- The production plans must be aligned with the sites, must meet the agreed inventory targets and customer service levels. In developing a production plan, the planner must make special arrangements for following cases:
- Products that are under allocation
- New product Introductions
- Product deletions
- Products undergoing process changes that have regulatory implications
- The planner must also establish and maintain all planning parameters for products in their portfolio.
- The planner is responsible for active pharmaceutical ingredient, bulk/intermediates and finished drug product.
- Manage inventory: The planner manages inventory in line with agreed targets and understands the drivers behind significant inventory changes (i.e. specific markets, product developments or trends). The planner can communicate the significance of these changes to the appropriate parts of the supply chain organization and pro-actively manages inventory to avoid write-offs.
- Volume/Inventory Plan: The planner generates, understands and implements the annual volume plan and resulting inventory plan for assigned franchises.
- The planner rolls up individual market demands and analyzes market trends in order to develop plans for future periods.
- Accurate volume and inventory plans are essential for the production sites to be able to optimally plan human and other resource requirements.
- Risk Management: The planner understands the financial implications of all decisions made, and seeks advice as appropriate.
- Carefully weighs costs and benefits related to site efficiency, possible inventory write-offs and meeting customer requirements.
- Continuous Improvement: The planner acts as a change agent for new and evolving corporate, regional and site initiatives for his or her products.
- Is able to drive these changes through the supply chain organization and to the EMEA manufacturing sites.
- University studies, preferably in Supply Chain, engineering or related discipline
- APICS CPIM or CSCP would be desirable but not essential
- You are likely to have around 4 years + experience in Supply Planning / general Supply Chain.
- Hands on Supply Chain Planning experience (experience in manufacturing preferred).
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations and Management
- SAP R/3 and APO knowledge (experience with Kinaxis will be highly regarded)
- MS Office experience (proficient Excel user)
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- We are open to candidates coming forward from other industries (in particular Aerospace, Food, Retail, .
Competencies required for the role
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to function well in a cross-cultural environment
- Resilient individual, able to function in a dynamic and changing corporate environment
Change / Deviation Management:
Investigate, coordinate and handle any general deviations, complaints, claims or issues in coordination with all impacted stakeholders according to the available SOP’s, company Policies and Procedures and support any Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs) and initiate and/or establish CAPAs for the role area of responsibility.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Supply, Supply Chain, Engineer, Operations, Engineering