2nd Shift Packaging Lead Relief, PMH - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 May 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- The Packaging Lead role provides oversight to the daily organization of packaging across a shift from tracking efficiency to run times and ensures adherence to standard operating procedures and current good manufacturing practices.
- Supports Lean Manufacturing initiatives to drive continuous improvements to the production lines or other areas as assigned.
- Provides oversight to the daily organization of the production process aligning break and run times;
- leads daily stretches and ensures daily housekeeping and safety activity compliance.
- Perform changeovers and/or troubleshoot machinery as needed. Work with setup technicians and maintenance if issue cannot be resolved quickly.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Two or more years experience in a packaging or environment.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills and good communication skills including presentation skills necessary.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; sound decision making skills; and demonstrated ability to motivate others with minimal supervision are important.
- Other skills needed include ability to multi task, use job related tools, effective record keeping skills and ability to encourage change.
- Mathematical and technical ability is required along with reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Knowledge of and experience with technology tools to support the Operations function including computer literacy and familiarity with automated record systems, SAP and/or related systems and Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors with fatigue mats for 8 to 12 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds (4 kilograms) or equivalency continuously and up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency frequently.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stepladders.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 400 pounds (181 kilograms) or equivalency utilizing manual handcart.
- Must be able to stoop, squat and bend.
- Must be able to frequently reach laterally, and overhead occasionally.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects.
- Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends.
- Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.