Provides daily oversight and leadership to technicians responsible for industrial machine repair, blending / mixing , water system to support the machines and equipment within the facilities in compliance with applicable state codes and/or local requirements. Ensures adherence to standard operating procedures and current good manufacturing practices.
Provides oversight to the daily organization and prioritization of the maintenance work flow at the site or for a specific group within Maintenance.
- Provides instructions and guidance to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety standards are adhered to. Ensures daily housekeeping and safety activity compliance.
- Responsible for directing daily crewing, scheduling, determining and requesting overtime to address critical tasks.
- Directs technicians and contractors to ensure the preventative maintenance (PM) work orders are completed in a timely manner; emergency and planned work orders are effectively resolved; and chronic issues addressed.
- Responsible for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) compliance, training, and provides direction and leadership to employees to resolve maintenance related or other area problems.
- Works with engineers on capital projects or related activities, assists in developing PM’s spare part inventory, and related drawings. Assists with validation or quality concerns as required.
- Active in one or more teams as it relates to quality, safety, productivity, cost, or on time delivery. Completes safety/quality audits as required.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process to improve productivity, quality and reduce costs.
- Supports other leaders as needed and performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency. Demonstrated progress towards an advanced degree preferred.
- Four or more years Lead experience in a packaging or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills and good communication skills including presentation skills necessary.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; sound decision making skills; and demonstrated ability to motivate others with minimal supervision are important.
- Other skills needed include ability to multi task, use job related tools, effective record keeping skills and ability to encourage change.
- Mathematical and technical ability is required along with reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Knowledge of and experience with technology tools to support the Operations function including computer literacy and familiarity with automated record systems, Cogz and/or related systems and Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) knowledge and relevant experience is desired.
- Trainer certification may be required in some areas.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
Find a Job Find Candidates