This job is currently Archived,
2nd Shift Line Lead - Manufacturing Operator - United States
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- The Line Lead is the first point of contact for production line workers.
- They are responsible for the routine communication of job assignments, training for specific product runs, and placement of Line Workers in assignments as required for the day.
- They coordinate activities of workers engaged in machine operating, packing, inspecting, and other processes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with high efficiencies.
- Collaborates with Spider to verify components for job order are the correct components and are available at production line
- Assigns workers to work stations to meet production requirements.
- Monitors production and adjusts work assignments, supply of material, and machine operation when necessary.
- Transports materials between production line, staging and return staging areas
- Review job order instructions with Line team members
- Train Line team members on the procedures / equipment needed to assemble products per assigned role for the day
- Performs basic adjustments on various machines.
- Performs basic line / job change-over operations
- Prepare paperwork for skid tickets, line checks, and quality checks
- Update production metrics on hourly production whiteboard
- Refers extensive machine repairs to maintenance personnel.
- Notifies Spider / Material Handler to bring additional components for production line as needed
- Instruct Line Workers to clean up production line during and end of production; responsible to keep line clean of any debris at all times
- Complete final paperwork and ensure content is accurate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Perform quality checks of the line
- Periodically recalibrates test equipment / scales
- Required to maintain production line standards
- May lead a team of 2-9 employees
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required, Post High Schooling preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in a lead or supervisory position in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers and programs contained with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract multiple digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's, 100's and 1000’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use a counting scale
- Able to participate in a team-oriented environment, willingness to assist and train others
- Demonstrate safe behavior and support department/plant Safety goals in a continuous improvement process
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends before and after schedule as needed
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write end of job reports and correspondence.
- Regularly required to stand (10-12 hours); walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.