2nd Shift Forklift Operator/Material Handler - United States
- Our company has a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices.
- From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, our company has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug.
- Our company provides “Quality Affordable Healthcare Products” across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
Drives industrial truck equipped with lifting devices to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products or materials by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of Forklift.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
- Assures safety procedures are being met.
- Accurately completes all paperwork.
- Reports forklift malfunctions to supervisor.
- Follows all company safety rules, policies, procedures and GMPs.
- Demonstrates a commitment and understanding of business policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Capacity to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; must be able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers using written and spoken English.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment.
- Must have ability to create and comprehend bills of lading.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work each day.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Regularly required to sit, occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
What We Offer
- A competitive base salary
- Medical insurance with low premiums
- Voluntary dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Company paid and voluntary life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- 401K retirement plan with up to a 3% company contribution and instant vesting
- Generous paid time off package including PTO and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical and dependent care flexible savings account