DuPont is offering a rewarding co-op experience to bright, talented, business-minded students with the leadership capabilities and determination to enhance our Manufacturing Technology organizations during the 2018 Spring Semester. We have a variety of meaningful assignments that allow students to gain valuable experience in the manufacturing environment. The assignments provide students with opportunities to develop by integrating classroom theory with practical work and to demonstrate their skills for future career opportunities at DuPont. The Co-op commitment is approximately for a 3-6 month period.
In Manufacturing Technology, you will have opportunities to do the following:
- Work in a dynamic, team environment that leverages the resources of our large organization.
- Develop an understanding of the manufacturing technology environment.
- Participate in the co-op program and work-specific training and development.
- Perform analytical project work using Six Sigma methodology.
- Work with experienced manufacturing technology professionals in the performance of your responsibilities.
- Develop an understanding of DuPont Strategic Business Units and Operations, our product offerings and how materials and service requirements and issues are managed.
- Adopt and follow DuPont's core values of safety, ethics, respect for people, and environmental stewardship both on a personal and business level.
- Work in a business casual environment with flexible work/life opportunities.
The scope of the Co-op's role will vary dependent on the manufacturing technology site.
The following requirements MUST be met for consideration in this student employment program:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Enrolled in an ABET accredited program in Chemical Engineering
- Available to complete the entire 3-6 month assignment
- Flexible with work assignment location/relocation
- Have the right to work in the U.S. without restriction
Preferred Attribute: 3.0 GPA or Higher
In addition to these requirements, we are seeking candidates who have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and database experience
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to deliver concrete project deliverables in a timely manner
DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. DuPont is an E-Verify employer.