2017 Global Clinical Data Integration Intern Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Data Management Standards is seeking an intern to join the GDMS team as an Associate Specialist Intern. The internship program would help the individual to utilize their skillset and increase their professional productivity.
- An ideal candidate for this position will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, efficient time management expertise, an ability to work in a team and handle conflicts efficiently.
- The intern is responsible for analyzing and maintenance of several databases.
- The individual will work closely with the team members to support database functions by utilizing designing and coding utilities along with updating and amending the existing databases.
- Required: Currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in Computer Science
- Available for 9-12 weeks beginning June 2017
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2017
- Understanding of database management systems software
- Experience in database development and PL/SQL, SAS
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, DB Access, MS Project)
- Knowledge of web development
- Experience in troubleshooting technical issues
- Good analytical ability
- Oracle database preferred
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Job Type: Intern
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Relocation Provided: None
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Database, Clinic, Temporary, Oracle, Data, Technology, Healthcare, Contract