This job is currently Archived,
2 Lab Technicians - interim assignment (6 months) - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 18 March 2017
Purpose of the position
The Lab Technician plans and performs assigned scientific experiments independently.
- Plans and performs scientific experiments according to the applicable instructions, enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing in new knowledge.
- Provides support in performing routine analysis and method development by independently executing routine experiments.
- Can design an improve techniques by himself/herself.
- Summarizes analyses and interprets data in order to draw conclusions.
- Prepares and writes technical reports and other documents that record data or results.
- Keeps abreast of current scientific developments relative to own project.
- Follows policies, SOP’s and other applicable guidelines.
Profile and competencies
- Bachelor degree in Sciences or equivalent by training/ experience;
- First professional experience in a similar job is required - up to 5 years professional experience;
- Thorough understanding of the technology (rt PCR, sample prep), works very independently, and, in the most situations can adapt methods by him/herself;
- Advanced knowledge, orally and in writing of Dutch and English is required;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- Results-oriented and dynamic approach;
- Able to work autonomously;
- Can work in an organized and structured way;
- Eye for detail and well-developed analytical skills;
- Flexible mindset.
- We offer you a challenging job in an exciting environment, working for top entrepreneurs in the biotech industry.
- You can be part of a very dynamic, young and growing team in a highly innovative environment.
- You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job.
- Your input is highly appreciated.
- Of course we offer you a fitting compensation package.