This job is currently Archived,
1st Shift QC Chemist - United States
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs.
- Our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
- Performs analysis of product samples that require mechanical, physical and chemical testing.
- Responsible for test analysis and reporting and R&D and QA projects as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physical and chemical testing of non-pesticide and pesticide products packaged for consumer use.
- Maintain Technical Quality laboratory in compliance with cGMP and GLP regulations.
- Calibrate, maintain, operate, and troubleshoot analytical and laboratory equipment (GC, HPLC, FTIR, and other general lab instruments).
- Prepare solutions for treating consumer packaged products for production, quality and shipment.
- Work on project developments and stability studies.
- Monitor incoming ingredient quality control.
- Set up equipment used in the Research and Development Pilot Lab for experimental and process development studies.
- Assist in the scale up and transfer of R&D products to commercial manufacturing sites.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of scientific paperwork.
- Support (set-up, tear down, maintenance) for cGMP and Non-GMP Laboratory Equipment.
- Support Scientists and Technicians in Batching Process Equipment Setup and Manufacture.
- Support Engineering on New Equipment Qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree with chemistry major required.
- 3+ yrs of laboratory experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge MS Word and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of general lab practices and wet chemistry.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability and ability to multitask.
- Requires frequent standing and walking on a regular basis.
- 1-2 years experience in R&D lab process development, scale up, or transfer experience.
- Must be familiar with cGMP/GLP regulations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for 2 hours
- Requires frequent standing and walking on a regular basis