This job is currently Archived,
1st Shift Blender - United States
Posted on : 24 May 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products.
- Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, our company has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network.
- Our company is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market.
- The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. our company sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
Summary: This position will mix and blend pet care products in a safe and standardized way, ensuring each batch is accurate and done according to Standard Operating Procedures with quality mixes for production manufacturing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately measure, select and blend ingredients to meet company’s standards of product.
- Obtain all required paperwork for shift (e.g., scale verification, batch blend, time blend)
- Communicate all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause loss to the company or its associates.
- Check pipes and doors for loose parts
- Sanitize equipment as necessary
- Review requisition and batch sheets to ensure all items, quantities and lot codes received are correct
- Perform scale audits and complete batch checklist
- Measure and blend ingredients into batch according to batch sheet instructions
- Monitor blending process
- Accurately completes all paperwork.
- Places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules, standards and policies, including reporting any incidents to the Supervisor on duty.
- Follows all company safety rules, policies, procedures and GMPs.
- Reports machine malfunctions to supervisor.
- Demonstrates a commitment and understanding of business policies and procedures.
- Accurately maintains process records, work reports, and maintenance logs.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and an organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to Two year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is ideal.
- Prior experience as a production machine operator or similar work is preferred.
- A complete working knowledge of the blending operation is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend required paperwork in English.
- Dependable, with reliable transportation is a must!
- Must have a good eye for detail.
- Meet and maintain production standards.
- Proven successful history of working independently or collaborate in a group environment.
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Must meet productivity standards; Complete work in timely manner and constantly seeks ways to increase productivity.
- Primarily sedentary standing work with occasional walking, lifting, moving, and traveling to other departments or work areas and perform repetitive manual tasks.
- The position is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.