10 Machine Learning Engineers (m/f) - Germany
To strengthen our Team in the Corporate Research and Development department, we have an immediate opening for an 10 Machine Learning Engineers (m/f)
- Drive the development of our company core algorithms that extract information from the diverse array of data sources present across our complete product portfolio.
- Take projects from academic and idea stages to a series of prototypes and to continuously support technology adoption and integration into our flagship products.
- This comprises conceptualizing, initiating, prototyping, as well as scaling and instrumenting methods and evaluating their performance.
- Shape the future of our company. We have just started to scrape the surface of what can be done with the data our products deliver.
- You will contribute to realizing the prospects of machine learning, modern computer vision and scene understanding technologies for our customers, as company continues exploring the data domains of its product portfolio.
- M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Machine Learning with substantial experience in Computer Vision (e.g. in segmentation, registration, object detection & tracking, anomaly & event detection)
- A solid understanding of machine learning and statistics (SVMs, RandomForest, deep & recurrent ANNs, CRFs, etc.) and of best practices in feature extraction, dimensionality reduction and model validation
- A strong programming background and familiarity with toolkits such as OpenCV, Caffe, Theano, R, MATLAB, and a working knowledge of software development, deployment methods and cloud stacks. Parallelization skills (CUDA, Flink, OpenMP, etc) are definitely a plus.
- A decidedly hands-on mindset: you love to work on hard problems and you make solutions work in the real world, too.
- The ability to communicate your results, challenges and solution successfully across a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- With just under 25,000 employees, our company is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years.
- Our company develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology