Highly motivated and dedicated pharmaceutical scientist with strong scientific orientation and solid background in biopharmaceutics, PBPK modeling, compound developability assessments and chemometrics. Teamleader of the biopharmaceutics and preformulation lab.
Since April 2015
- Responsible for delivering biopharmaceutical assessments for complex compounds, as well as the implementation of biopharmaceutical development strategies across preclinical development, clinical development and CMC development.
- Active contributor and co-lead of the cross-departmental biopharmaceutics platform, which includes the design of in vitro/in vivo strategies, regulatory recommendations and submissions, and the implementation of innovative ideas and tools.
- Teamleader of the biopharmaceutics and preformulation lab.
July 2012 --- March 2015
SME in biopharmaceutics and PBPK modeling
October 2007 --- June 2012
- Chromatography - Chemometrics - Quality control - Method validation
September 2010 --- December 2010
- multi-dimensional chromatography - curve resolution strategies - quantification issues in comprehensive multi-dimensional chromatography
AdaptabilityAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCoordinationCritical thinkingCuriosityEfficiencyInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeOrganizationProactivityProblem solvingReaction to stressResiliencyResponsibilityResult OrientedSelf-confidenceStrategic thinkingTrust
R&D Scientific writingAnalytical ChemistryAnalytical techniquesBioavailabilityBudgetingCharacterizationChemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC)ChromatographyClinical DevelopmentCoachingCROCross-functional team leadershipData AnalysisDemand Supply PlanningDrug regulatory authoritiesDrug substance developmentEarly development stageEnglishExtent of drug absorptionFDAFormulationGood Laboratory Practice (GLP)HPLCIn VitroIn VivoINDLaboratory ManagementLaboratory ResearchLeadershipmanagementMatlabNew Drug Application (NDA)Pharmaceutical DevelopmentPharmaceutical IndustryPharmaceutical ResearchPharmacokineticsPhases of clinical development (phase I to IV)PhysiologyPresentation SkillsProblem-solving methods and troubleshootingReport WritingSmall moleculesTeam LeadershipTeam ManagementTeamwork
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Technology researchAdjust methodsAttend at steering committee meetingsChemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) activitiesCoach staffcollaborate in research projects at universitiesCollaborate with project teamCommunicationCoordinate projectsCreates a collaborative team environmentData miningDevelop regulatory strategyDirect co-workersEnsure data integrityEvaluate physico-chemical dataExecute scientific projectsGuide staffInterpret scientific dataLead teamsManage complexityManage regulatory activitiesManage research projectsOrganise meetingsPeople managementPresent data at congressproject managementProvide trainingPublication of articlesR&DRegulatory submissionsRepresent CMC team Select contractors Supervise analysts and researchersWork cross-functionally
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Vrije Universiteit Brussel in 2012
Master in pharmaceutical sciences in from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in 2007
Training and Certification
Post academic training in method validation in 2009 Training
Solving challenges during contemporary drug discovery and development in 2007 Training
Post academic training in education competencies in 2009 Certification
Expert has 18 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)