Senior supply chain manager with 20+ years of experience in various industries (pharma, graphics industry, petrochemicals, lubricants, automotive) and with proven experience in fast-growing start up companies as well as in multinational companies with multi-site operations in all continents. Specialities are supply chain management, S&OP (sales & operations planning), customer operations, logistics and warehousing, manufacturing. Looking for an opportunity where I can use my experience, preferably in an company with an international dimension.
Senior Project Manager (PM)
January 2016 --- September 2016
- World wide project to integrate the Novartis vaccines into GSK-order to cash process
- Being the pivot between quality assurance, demand management, warehousing and logistics, supply chain, finance, set up of masterdata
- Ensuring the cutover is realised at the due date
- Ensuring continuity of the supply
Global supply leader (interim management)
March 2015 --- December 2015
- Plan and coordinate products launches (NPI) or product market phase out by leading multi-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Lead the Supply review during quarterly business review meeting with key CMOs
CMO manager (Interim management)
August 2014 --- February 2015
- Coordination and management of the outsourced activities of the department
- Ensure the completion of outsourced activities are in line withe UCB-project timeline.
- Ensure UCB compliance with Legal, Intellectual Property, Purchasing and Finances policies for confidentiality agreements and contracts.
Supply chain manager (on a project basis)
January 2014 --- August 2014
- Setting up S&OP process for a business unit
- Improve coordination and communication with contract manufacturers and 3PL
- Guide operationally the supply planners
Global supply chain manager
July 2005 --- December 2013
- World wide responsible for the production planning of the printing plates. Representing a revenue of approx. € 0.9 billion, spread over 24.000 SKU’s and 15.000 order lines per month.
- Driving the S&OP process for printing plates. Align the production plan for all manufacturing plants worldwide with the expected demand on a 12 months rolling basis.
- The sites are located in Europe (4), US, Brazil, China and Korea. Main achievements are:
- Extend the S&OP process to the Asian sites and newly acquired sites.
- Include suppliers of the main raw materials in the process and make them an integrated part of it.
- Reduce the inventory of finished product world wide by 15% o Reduce the inventory of the main raw materials world wide by 20 % o Reduce the non-moving products by 40%. In the period 2006 until today.
- Steering the local remote supply chain teams in the different regions (Latam, Nafta, Aspac), as well as the plant production planners. o Dotted line responsibility for 12 people in a matrix organization.
- Close cooperation with the plants to ensure the load is in line with future events of the different sites in terms of investments, shutdowns, planned idle time
- High involvement with global procurement to ensure a smooth supply of the different raw materials.
- Providing and discussing forecast with the suppliers in view of the contractual agreements and the available capacity of the suppliers. - Close coordination with sales and marketing in the light of product introductions, phase in/phase out,…
- Write offs related to phase in/phase out reduced by 50%.
- Closely involved in strategic long term plans (5 year plan,…).
- Participating in discussions on future design of the supply chain.
January 2003 --- June 2005
Setting operations in Europe for a new product range. This consists of Order administration, planning, warehousing, distribution and reporting.
Business operations manager
January 2000 --- January 2003
-Administrative supervision of the new orders, including approval cycle, timely delivery, invoicing. - Follow up of the planning of new installations. - Revenue forecasting to corporate. - Taking ownership of processes for the operations group, to support commercial promotions, implementation of new MIS system (SAP).
Logistic and sales order manager.
May 1997 --- January 2000
-Setting up a warehouse with spareparts for the service-departement. -Setting up a distribution-network for spareparts. -Administrative supervision of the new orders, such as calculation of the real discount, the commission, follow up the production in Canada and supervising the transport to the client. -Follow up of the planning of new installations. -Logistic organisation of tradeshows.
Operations and quality management
January 1986 --- May 1997
Supply and distribution fuels – fuels . 1995-1996 -Discussing throughput and exchange agreements with other petroleumcompanies. -Setting up the operational budget. -Writing and supervising the ISO-9002 procedures of my department. Responsible for quality control of fuels – Brussels . 1993-1995 -Setting up a systematic and regular control of the quality of fuels on strategic points of the supply chain. (10 depots, about 500 servicestations). -Treating claims and technical questions of clients. Responsible for the productionplanning lubricants – Ertvelde. 1988-1993 -Responsible for the stocklevel of raw materials and finished products. -Implement and continuously adapt an MRP I module. -Setting up and later supervising productionplanning. Production manager lubricants – Ertvelde 1986-1988 -Supervising the production unit (30 operators, 3 employees). -Improve communication and co-ordination of the two departments. -Making operators more familiar with automation.
January 1984 --- January 1985
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCoordinationCritical thinkingEfficiencyFlexibilityOptimismOrganizationProblem solvingResiliencyResult OrientedSelf-confidenceSelf-disciplineTrust
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Analyze dataCollaborate with project teamCommunicate effectively on different company levelsCommunicationCoordinate logisticsCoordinate projectsCoordinationDevelop supply plansDevelop supply strategyFollow up projectsForecasting of drug productForecasting of packaging workloadInteract with regulatory stakeholdersInventory ManagementLead teamsManage complexityManage multiple projectsManage vendor budgetsPeople managementproject managementSelect contractors
in Postgraduaat Bedrijfskunde from Vlerick Business School in 1991
Ind. Ing. in Chemistry from Hogeschool Gent in 1983