- Business Manager with Sales and Marketing experience in Life Science and Diagnostics - Team player, Leading by Example, Focusing on Solutions. - Natural coaching style, with empathy and respect for the individual. - Challenges the "business as usual" through constructive discussions. - Analytical approach. - Target oriented.
Sr. Sales Manager Benelux
Since July 2016
Sigma-Aldrich is now part of Merck
Sr. Sales Manager Benelux
January 2013 --- June 2016
- Leading an extended team of Account Managers in the Benelux (Academics). - People management: induction programs, training, learning on the job, coaching. - Contract and Tender approvals and final negotiations. - Accurate Forecasting. - Implementation of Sales effectiveness tools..
Sales Manager Research Biotech
June 2008 --- December 2012
- Leading a team of Field Sales Product Specialists in the Benelux. - Sales development for Innovative Technologies such as Zinkfinger (Knock-out cell lines and Knock-out animals), RNAi libraries, Prestige (validated antibodies). - Exceeding Sales Targets. Best performing country of the year 2010, Nord Region. Manager of Sales Person of the year 2010 EMEA. - Change management experience.
Sales Specialist Research Biotech
October 2006 --- May 2008
- Introduction of New Technologies (RNAi,..) at the Belgian Top notched accounts. - Increase awareness and represent Sigma-Aldrichs Life Science portfolio (seminars,..). - Grow Life Science Business and reach Targets
International Product Manager
April 2001 --- October 2006
Product Management - Introduction of new generation of high-throughput automation, together with an automated interpretation software for Diagnostics assays. - Manage Reagent Rental business (lease equipment) and depreciation. - Leading Phase –in Phase-out of automated equipment, including refurbishment. - Maintain communications, for the automation platform (hardware and software) with affiliates and partners. - Follow up local and global market info on competition and market trends in order to react on market changes and the design of new applications. - Direct customer contact as well as B2B relation with OEM partner and diagnostic partners, in order to implement market requirements in a strategic marketing plan for automation. - Creating and keeping up to date promotional material for instrumentation and software. Project Management (2005-2006) - M&S Project Leader for Innogenetics’ New Arrayed Technology Platform. - Pre-Market introduction. Pre-launch and marketing preparations. Guide Pilot projects and beta testing with end-users.
Account Manager - Life Sciences
March 1997 --- April 2001
- Consultative selling within Pharma-and Biotech SME’s and Academic Accounts in Flanders.. - Successful introduction of New Technologies such as ÄKTA (Chromatography equipment), Genephor and IsoPhor (Electrophoresis equipment) and reagents. - Consolidation of reagent business by negotiating, optimizing and closing yearly contracts with main Academic accounts in Flanders.
October 1992 --- March 1997
Universitary Hospital Gent, Dept. Immunology, Bacteriology and Virology - Development of a rapid diagnostic PCR assay for CMV infections in Tx cohort. - Reference techniques: ImmunoFluorescence microscopy, cell culture, ELISA, Western Blotting. - Work included activities in a BL3 lab environment. University Gent (UGent), Laboratory for Lipoprotein Chemistry (Dept. Protein chemistry, VIB) - Study of physicochemical characteristics of ApoA1 Paris, a natural mutant of ApoA1 - Techniques included: Chromatography (Low and High Pressure), Fluospectroscopy, CD analysis, 2D electrophoresis, Western Blotting, ELISA development. - Several publications as co-author
Master in Biotechnology from Ghent University in 1992
Latin-Mathematics in from HEMACO in 1988