previously downstream bioprocess specialist at univercells (dsp) (gosselies) and senior Scientist in the Bio-industry department from gxabt/ulg where i finished a two year project in industrial Microbiology , i just completed a University certificate in Food Science & food quality monitoring at the faculty of Veterinary Medicine (ulg-formalim).
i worked as team Leader purification and Protein Engineering for almost 13 years at zentech, a small company specialized in ELISA/ria development and several months as Associate Scientist purification at thrombogenics.
i have the skills to plan and conduct experiments in the field of:
- upstream and downstream process (Fermentation, tff,industrial Microbiology, bioburden, Cell Culture, Flow Cytometry, Protein Purification (large production of Antibodies with akta explorer 100 and purifier)....).
- design & development of ELISA/ria tests. development & Validation of Analytical methods (accuracy profiles).
- Design of Experiments (doe: box-behnken design (bbd)/central composite design (ccd) for optimization , FMEA, Six Sigma....).
- anaerobic Fermentation (bmp tests, agv).
- i have the ability to conduct Research, Analysis data and to evaluate and interpret the process and results of the tests and experiments conducted.
i believe in Teamwork and combining skills with other professionals to accomplish goals and to complete projects.
objective: seeking a position as Scientist or senior Associate Scientist: "protein specialist purification in downstream Process development "(akta explorer 100 and purifier)/upstream process in industrial Microbiology (Fermentation: batch, fed batch, perfusion) and Cell Culture. i have sound knowledge in Proteins purification and Characterization studies development.
feel free to get in touch or back in touch! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
University Certificate in Food Science & Food Quality Monitoring Sart-Tilman, Liège, BelgiumJanuary 2016 --- July 2016
Downstream Bioprocess Specialist Gosselies, Charleroi, BelgiumJune 2015 --- December 2015
- downstream bioprocess specialist -univercells (gosselies).
development of Purification processes for the production of Proteins/influenza Virus (vero cells) directly from icellis 500 single-use bioreactor (pall).
- high density of cho cells in perfusion by atf/tff.
clarification and tff with batch/constant diafiltrations (spectrum: kmpi tff system: krosfio® minikros® pilot i) of influenza Virus harvest a (h1n1).
- development of influenza Virus / Antibodies Purification processes on akta pure 25.
- development of single-use manifolds, disposable bags welded by biowelder tc (sartorius).
R&D Senior Scientist Gembloux, BelgiqueApril 2012 --- December 2014
- inovabiom project: methane production by anaerobic digestion of lignocellulosic biomass .
- using a box behnken design (bbd) to study the effect of various cryoprotectants on the methanogenic potential of a bacterial consortium submitted for a freezing step in lyophilization.
- optimization of cellulase production in batch Fermentation by bacillus subtilis.
- using Flow Cytometry to measure viability of anaerobic microbial consortia.
- upstream & Downstream processing.
- anaerobic and aerobic Fermentation.
- industrial Microbiology.
Senior Associate Scientist PurificationJanuary 2010 --- May 2010
Protein Purification (akta explorer, purifier)
Team leader purification and protein engineering Angleur, Liège, BelgiqueJanuary 1997 --- December 2009
recent developments of my work are focused on different fields of Sciences namely
scale-up of industrially appropriate processes (max capacity : 2000l ; bacillus subtilis, stearothermophilus , thuringiensis, yarrowia lipolytica, saccharomyces cerevisiae, streptomyces, e coli, pseudomonas thermoactinomyces intermedius.. ).
development of Purification processes for the production of Proteins (akta explorer 100 and purifier): ion exchange (iex), affinity, hic, imac, rpc Chromatography, multimodal chromatographic separation, cim: convective interaction media for the rapid Chromatography for large bio-molecules viral vectors and viral Vaccines, tangential ultra-filtration…..+ stability optimisation (antibodies , conjugates, Proteins…) + SDS-PAGE, ief.
-blood Proteins: elastase, cathepsin g, myeloperoxidase, pr3…..
-plasma Proteins: albumine, facteur viii, vwf, antibodies ; b2 glycoprotein. -other Proteins: thyroperoxidase (tpo) , thyrotropin and thyrotropin receptor, streptavidin, lipase, phosphatase, monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, DNA, RNA, nucleosome, gangliosides, Purification of diaphorase i and phenylalanine dehydrogenase after Fermentation of thermoactinomyces intermedius and bacillus stearothermophilus (cwbi).
- Validation of Analytical methods / Design of Experiments: accuracy profile and calculation of b–expectation tolerance interval / optimizing processes using doe.
Teacher in biochemistry and chemistry (biomedical school)January 1993 --- January 1993
sept1993 -->dec1994 : aess in Biochemistry (ulg)
Military servicesNovember 1990 --- August 1991
working at the central Pharmacy
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Create SOPs Guide students Lab scale batchesAdjust processes and methodsAnalyze proteinAseptic processingAseptic techniquesCell cultureChemistry Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) activitiescollaborate in research projects at universitiesConduct research at universitiesDesign inclusion criteriaDesign scientific experimentsDevelop extraction methodsEvaluate impurity identificationInterpret analytical resultsmanaging a small teamPilot scale batchesPlan experimentsR&D
Biochemist ; AESS in Biochemistry in Biochemistry from Université de Liège in 1994
Msc in Nuclear Science from Université de Liège in 1990
Msc in Biochemistry from Université de Liège in 1989
Training and Certification
A two days specific training Biowin: Risk management (CEFOCHIM) in 2015 Certification
: A five days specific training BioWin: Management of projects + MS project (CEFOCHIM) in 2009 Certification
A two days specific training BioWin: Design of Experiments (20th and 21th November : CEFOCHIM) in 2008 Certification
: A two days specific training BioWin: Validation of analytical methods (25th and 26th Oct CEFOCHIM) in 2007 Certification
A two days specific training BioWin: cGMP (14th and 15th March : CEFOCHIM) in 2007 Certification
Expert has 1 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)