Experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic, and results-driven professional scientist with 15+ years experience in the immuno-oncology research field. Currently working as Senior Cancer Biologist for a vibrant growing pharmaceutical company performing a cross-functional role in the R&D department. Highly experienced in pre-clinical research activities. Well-versed in drug development process, from target identification to regulatory filing. Strong analytical and project management skills. Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Experienced presenter at international conferences, investigator meetings, advisory boards. High level of computer literacy.
Senior Cancer Biologist
Since December 2015
- Design, supervision and review of multiple and diverse in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies conducted at various contract research organizations or academic laboratories leading the non-clinical pharmacology for the entire pipeline of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and non-ADCs.
- Management and training of junior team members in the evaluation of new human target opportunities and targeting technologies.
- Representing the Company at advisory board meetings, scientific conferences and liaising with a network of external scientific experts (both Companies and Academia).
May 2013 --- November 2015
- Identification, assessment and validation of new human targets for the Company’s portfolio of ADCs, providing input into go/no-go decisions.
- Supervision and analysis of in vivo preclinical studies for several ADCs in development.
- Preparation of scientific/regulatory material such as internal reports, pre-investigational new drug (IND) and IND applications, briefing books for scientific advisory board (SAB) meeting, and abstracts/poster for scientific conferences.
- Extensive competitive intelligence overview and preparation of business case.
Technology Transfer Internship
January 2013 --- April 2013
• Assess commercial value, competitive intelligence and the intellectual property landscape of research projects developed at Queen Mary University.
August 2004 --- February 2012
• Strategically planned, coordinated and supervised a variety of research projects in top institutions, both in U.S.A. and Europe. • Published as first author multiple papers, in peer-reviewed international scientific journals • Significantly contributed to the successful generation of external revenues, both for my own projects and for the whole team/group (numerous U.S.A. governmental grants). • Planned, performed and analyzed multiple and complex experimental projects involving development of antisense oligonucleotides to modulate alternative splicing in cancer. • Presented original scientific discoveries to internal and external conferences (both poster and oral presentations). • Dedicated training and mentoring of new personnel, both theory and benchside practice.
February 2002 --- March 2003
• Successfully established an interdisciplinary collaboration and developed a new methodology for the detection of the MMTV virus in human breast cancer samples.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Experimental and Molecular Oncology from Università di Pisa / University of Pisa in 2004
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Molecular Biology from Università di Pisa / University of Pisa in 2000
Expert has 7 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)