experienced, highly motivated, enthusiastic, and results-driven professional Scientist with 15+ years experience in the immuno-oncology research field. currently working as senior Cancer Biologist for a vibrant growing Pharmaceutical company performing a cross-functional role in the r&d department. highly experienced in pre-Clinical research activities. well-versed in Drug development process, from target identification to regulatory filing. strong analytical and Project Management skills. excellent Communication and inter-personal skills. experienced presenter at international conferences, Investigator meetings, advisory boards. high level of computer literacy.
Senior Cancer Biologist
Since December 2015
- design, supervision and review of multiple and diverse In Vitro and In Vivo pre-clinical studies conducted at various contract Research organizations or academic laboratories leading the non-Clinical pharmacology for the entire pipeline of antibody-drug conjugates (adcs) and non-adcs.
- management and Training of junior team members in the evaluation of new human target opportunities and targeting technologies.
- representing the company at advisory board meetings, scientific conferences and liaising with a network of external scientific experts (both companies and academia).
- Design, supervision and review of multiple and diverse in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies conducted at various contract research organizations or academic laboratories leading the non-clinical pharmacology for the entire pipeline of antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) and non-ADCs.
- Management and training of junior team members in the evaluation of new human target opportunities and targeting technologies.
- Representing the Company at advisory board meetings, scientific conferences and liaising with a network of external scientific experts (both Companies and Academia).
Cancer BiologistMay 2013 --- November 2015
- identification, assessment and Validation of new human targets for the company’s portfolio of adcs, providing input into go/no-go decisions.
- supervision and Analysis of In Vivo Preclinical studies for several adcs in development.
- preparation of scientific/regulatory material such as internal reports, pre-investigational new drug (ind) and ind Applications, briefing books for scientific advisory board (sab) meeting, and abstracts/poster for scientific conferences.
- extensive Competitive Intelligence overview and preparation of business case.
Research associateAugust 2004 --- February 2012
• strategically planned, coordinated and supervised a variety of Research projects in top institutions, both in u.s.a. and europe. • published as first author multiple papers, in peer-reviewed international scientific journals • significantly contributed to the successful generation of external revenues, both for my own projects and for the whole team/group (numerous u.s.a. governmental grants). • planned, performed and analyzed multiple and complex experimental projects involving development of antisense oligonucleotides to modulate alternative splicing in Cancer. • presented original scientific discoveries to internal and external conferences (both poster and oral Presentations). • dedicated Training and mentoring of new personnel, both theory and benchside practice.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Experimental and Molecular Oncology from Università di Pisa / University of Pisa in 2004
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Molecular Biology from Università di Pisa / University of Pisa in 2000
Expert has 7 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)