i pursue my goals with a great level of enthusiasm and professionalism, driven by a passion for self-Innovation and the thrill which accompanies achievement. as a brief overview, please see as follows:
- first class honours degree in Biological Sciences from the University of liverpool; areas of interest being: Global Health, Microbiology and pharmacology with my specialism being in a novel area of breast Cancer Research.
- currently employed as a cellular pathologist Scientist within an internationally renowned Drug Development company.
- previous post-graduate employment involved various administrative roles within an innovative area of Healthcare, with particular emphasis on the synthesis of accessible Health Care information for the public.
- 100% in both as and a level English literature, utilised when writing several online blogs.
Cellular Pathologist ScientistHarrogate, United Kingdom
Since July 2014
whilst remaining apart of the unified efforts of Histology, i assumed a role in a small Clinical team responsible for the method development of novel therapeutic treatments; working subject to client demand and liaising closely with study directors. specific roles include:
- independently performing tissue Titration and tissue cross reactivity staining runs in a safe and timely manner, adhering to client specific protocols and the 2004 human tissue act whilst utilising Immunohistochemistry methods.
- collation of staining runs: reading positive and negative staining following the performance of a tissue Titration and/or tcr staining runs which are then compiled into a report; assessing the success of a staining run ready for sd and Pathology approval/rejection.
- preparing paperwork and tissue samples for tumour Biomarker Analysis subject to client demand.
- responsible for logging client sensitive reagents into the department and maintaining a log of exhausted resources, complying with standard operating procedures and the hta 2004.
Whilst remaining apart of the unified efforts of Histology, I assumed a role in a small clinical team responsible for the method development of novel therapeutic treatments; working subject to client demand and liaising closely with Study Directors. Specific roles include:
- Independently performing Tissue Titration and Tissue Cross Reactivity staining runs in a safe and timely manner, adhering to client specific protocols and the 2004 Human Tissue Act whilst utilising Immunohistochemistry methods.
- Collation of staining runs: reading positive and negative staining following the performance of a tissue titration and/or TCR staining runs which are then compiled into a report; assessing the success of a staining run ready for SD and Pathology approval/rejection.
- Preparing paperwork and tissue samples for tumour biomarker analysis subject to client demand.
- Responsible for logging client sensitive reagents into the department and maintaining a log of exhausted resources, complying with Standard Operating procedures and the HTA 2004.
Cellular Pathologist Scientist Harrogate, United KingdomJuly 2014 --- December 2015
- responsible for the synthesis of concise and accurate data which was produced for pathologist and client Analysis; complying with standard operating procedures and the Good Laboratory Practice.
- worked within the first global team to successfully assume and utilise the tsfda data tracking Software.
- attended and contributed to pre-study startups, monthly 121 team meetings as well as maintaining good relationships with study coordinators and client scientists.
Administrative Assistant Sheffield, United KingdomOctober 2013 --- June 2015
i was first point of contact for all public enquiries at a company which sold cardiac Diagnostic equipment on a national scale. responsibilities included:
- consistent Customer Service whist working in and amongst several departments within the company including Marketing, Finance and dispatch etc.
- data input and Analysis using sage; all microsoft packages; as well as company Software.
- responsible for the publication of informative Healthcare media which was distributed amongst Doctor’s surgeries on a national scale with the intention to relay medical advice in a concise and understandable manner.
- maintenance of all company Social Media accounts including twitter and facebook.
AdaptabilityApproachabilityAttention to detailCommunicativeCreative thinkingFlexibilityIndividualityKindnessResponsibilitySelf-confidence
Labtechnician Scientific writingAntibodiesBiomarkersBiomedical SciencesCancer
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skills Write papersAssure medical qualityClinical data collection
Bachelor in Pharmaceutical and Biological Siences from University of Liverpool in 2013