Organic chemistry PhD with 10+ years R&D experience within multicultural teams in the fields of synthesis and analysis of novel organic compounds, drug discovery.
- Proven experience in R&D projects and commitment to meet deadines.
- Strong in analytical thinking and finding connections within complex data.
- Flexible, quickly adapts to the new environment and connects with people.
- Open minded, nevers stops to learn and improve.
Researcher - Medical Devices QC Brussels, Belgium
November 2015 --- June 2016
Responsible for the method development and analysis of preservatives in medical devices and cosmetics.
- Kept track with current status of project in literature and databases and of the EU medical devices regulation.
- Wrote protocols and standard operating procedure according to Quality Management System requirements; ISO17025, ISO14001.
Sabbatical - Learning languages Belgium
November 2014 --- October 2015
I brought my Dutch to a professional level and got basic level of French. I am confident to use Dutch in networking, interviews, writing reports and giving presentations.
- Dutch courses ad conversation (Mobyus Leuven, www.dutchLanguageclasses.be)
- French courses (CLT Leuven)
- Networking training and exercising new skills in networking events, interviews and jobfairs (Biomedica 2015 Genk, Experience Vlerick Day, KU Leuven Job Fair…)
Researcher R&D Leuven, Belgium
November 2011 --- November 2014
Responsible for planning of laboratory experiments, drug design and synthesis within Drug discovery project. Addressing and reflecting on issues of current status in drug discovery research.
- Delivered ~ 100 new compounds for biological screening. Identified 4 HIT compounds and produced 2 final compounds with optimized properties.
- Wrote project reports and presented achievements and project status to colleagues and project partners on regular meetings.
- Managed laboratory supplies orders to ensure that all necessary material was available on time.
Researcher R&D Prague, Czechia
September 2006 --- November 2011
Responsible for the management and planning of my PhD project in the field of Preparation and biological activity evaluation of new nucleosides and nucleotides.
- Developed strategy for preparation of new compounds and delivered 34 final compounds for biological screening.
- Optimized the key step of the process using two newly developed reagents and brought the reaction time from ~5 hours down to ~10 minutes.
- Maintained and troubleshooted the laboratory HPLC chromatographic system.
- Prepared learning material, gave lectures and consultations for the seminar in Bioorganic Chemistry and Laboratory Practice in Organic Chemistry.
Research Assistant Bratislava, Slovakia
September 2004 --- August 2006
Resposible for performing experimental work in bioorganic chemistry, writing project proposals and everyday administration.
Tutor and Teacher in Organic and Analytical Chemistry Slovakia
July 2005 --- July 2005
Analytical thinkingAdaptabilityIndependenceApproachabilityCommunicativeFlexibilityInterest in knowledgeAttention to detailCompetitivenessCuriosityProblem solving
Skills and Expertise
Write final reportsInterpret research resultsInterpret scientific data Guide students Interpret data Search literature on clinical trials Write papers Write protocolsAPI synthesis route developmentCommunicationDesign scientific experimentsDetermine needsExecute scientific projectsInventory ManagementManage laboratory proceduresManage multiple projectsManage research projectsManuscript preparation and reviewNetworkOperate research equipmentOral presentationPlan experimentsProvide trainingPublish scientific projectsR&DRead medical literature to maintain current awareness and knowledgeTeaching
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Organic Chemistry from University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague (UCT Prague) in 2011
Master of Science (MSc) in Organic Chemistry from Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University Bratislava in 2004
Training and Certification
Toolkit voor leidinggevende in 2017 Training
EDQM Counterfeit/Illegal Medicines Testing Training in 2016 Training
Nanotechnology for Health, imec Academy in 2013 Training
Dutch language - B2 level in 2017 Certification
French language - A2 level in 2016 Certification
Interuniversitaire Taaltest Nederlands voor Anderstaligen (ITNA) in 2016 Certification