Scientist specialized in oncology with an interest in the business side of medicine. Over 7-year multi-disciplinary experience in academic environment and partly trained in pharmaceutical industry. Intensive knowledge and experience on oncology, blood coagulation and cell biology (at clinical and molecular level). Trained in project management, Trained in clinical monitoring, ICH-GCP certified and knowledgeable in GMP. Managing internal and external collaborations and projects. Effective interpersonal skills. Excellent communication skills in working in multi-cultural environments with cross-functional teams. Is able to lead. Fluent in English. Professional proficiency in Dutch writing and reading, limited working proficiency in Dutch speaking (improving).
Scientist (trained in clinical monitoring) Amsterdam, Netherlands
December 2014 --- November 2016
• Continue to investigate the role of blood coagulation in pancreatic cancer.
• Collaboration with clinical department and pharmaceutical partner.
• Study director/project leader
• Trained (in-house) with senior CRA (clinical research associate) on clinical monitoring, site visiting, and establishing clinical research protocols.
Project management trainee (2 months) Beijing, China
September 2015 --- November 2015
• M3@C3 project: Collaboration between Siemens health care and BITCC (Beijing International Technology Cooperation Center). Setting-up small-scale medical device trials in secondary hospitals in China.
• Assisted senior project manager
• Evaluated project time lines and progress
• Made sure that the medical device trails adhere to the project planning.
• Facilitated in setting up the remote expertise technical support.
• Helped with medical imaging problem solving and writing of technical SOPs.
PhD researcher Amsterdam, Netherlands
August 2010 --- December 2014
“Blood coagulation-(in)dependent protease activated receptor signaling in pancreatic cancer.”
• Identified for the first time that PAR-2 signaling affects pancreatic cancer cell migration but not proliferation.
• Demonstrated for the first time that stromal PAR-2 plays a dual role in pancreatic cancer development by potentiating primary tumor growth, but also limiting lymphangiogenesis and subsequent lymph node metastasis.
• Demonstrated potential use of registered anticoagulant drug in the treatment of pancreatic
• 6 publications in peer-reviewed journals (see list of publication).
• Presented work at national and international meetings and conferences.
• Acted as peer reviewer.
• Collaborated with clinical department and pharmaceutical partner.
• Supervised MSc and BSc students.
Research internship Amsterdam, Netherlands
January 2010 --- August 2010
• Investigated the role of NFkB pathway in neuroblastoma pathogenesis by using shRNA.
Grade: 8 (of 10)
Research internship Amsterdam, Netherlands
May 2009 --- January 2010
• Used genomic sequencing to identify mutation points during DNA damage and repair in human cancer cell lines and tumour patients tissue from (mainly lung, and head-and-neck tumours).
• Tested drug sensitivity after tumour cells were exposed to ionizing radiation. Determine which mutations in the DNA repair mechanism were responsible for the sensitivity.
Grade: 9 (of 10)
Bachelor Thesis (6 months) Organic Chemistry
March 2008 --- August 2008
• Immobilization of R-hydroxynitrile lysase in monolithic capillary column.
Front Desk Consultant
March 2005 --- August 2005
administration, scheduling, answering enquires from customers.
CommunicativeEfficiencyIndependenceFlexibilitySelf-disciplineCreative thinkingAttention to detailCollaborationCritical thinkingCuriosityInterest in knowledgeKindnessProblem solvingReaction to stressResult OrientedSelf-confidenceStrategic thinkingWillingness to compromise
Molecular & Cellular BiologyMedical oncology Oncology Clinical ResearchRadiation oncologyoncologyStandard Operating Procedure (SOP)Good Clinical Practice (GCP)ICH guidelinesGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)Biotechnologyblood coagulationMetabolismpathway Animal modelsanimal experimentProject ManagementInternational Project ManagementRegulatory submissionsRegulatory affairsClinical Data ManagementCell Based AssaysCell biology Negotiation Scientific writingAdverse Events (AE)AngiogenesisAnimal ModelsAnimal trialAntibodiesBiochemistryBiological Drug DevelopmentBiomedical SciencesCancerCancer ResearchCell CultureCellular Product DevelopmentClinical monitoringClinical research
Skills and Expertise
Cell-culture colony assay MTT DNA/RNA purification/isolation Western blotting Northern blotting sequencing (q)PCR ELISA SDS-PAGE lentivirus system luciferase reporter gene assays MLI/MLII animal experiments bioreactors FACS HPLC mass spectrometry NMR/MRI and GC AFM CLSM FLIM. ICH-GCP Mathcad Excel PowerPoint slide writer prism GraphPad Inkscape.SOPsSPSSVector NTIMS wordgmp Create SOPs Molecular Diagnostics Monitor a clinical study Search literature on clinical trials Use a confocal microscopy Write papers Write protocolsAnalyse growth / improvement potentialAnswer, transfer and handle incoming calls as needed.Clinical data collectionCell cultureDesign clinical presentationDesign clinical trial
Ph.D. in Medicine from Academic Medical Center/University of Amsterdam in 2015
Master in Biomedical Sciences from Wageningen University in 2010
Bachelor in Biotechnology from Wageningen University in 2008
Training and Certification
Basic principles of GMP in 2015 Training
Entrepreneurship in health and life sciences (AMC) in 2014 Training
Project management (AMC) in 2014 Training
Apoptosis (NKI) in 2013 Training
Basic Laboratory Safety in 2010 Training
Experimental oncology (NKI) in 2009 Training
ICH-GCP (BROK) in 2014 Certification
NT-2-1, Nederlands als tweede taal diploma, (Staatsexamens NT2-1) in 2013 Certification
English scientific writing (AMC) in 2012 Certification
Oral presentation in English (AMC). in 2012 Certification
Anatomy of the house mouse (AMC) in 2011 Certification
Article 9 Experiments on Animals Act (Wet op de Dierproeven) (UMC) in 2011 Certification
Inburgeringsdiploma (integration diploma) in 2010 Certification
Thrombosis and Haemostasis (AMC) in 2010 Certification
professional piano playing in 1999 Certification
Expert has 6 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)