I am a scientist with a passion for medical-clinical research. For 10 years I have experience in developing, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating. During my research career I have acquired expertise in various fields of medical research and related techniques, first as project officer, then as co-promotor and project leader. As a consultant, I support managers in the implementation of the relevant legislation.
I am superb in analyzing complex issues. I can handle large amounts of information and easily see patterns in complexity. These structures I can pass on by explaining complex issues in an easy way. In everything I do I aim for accuracy and quality. Purposeful, structured and efficient organizing is my undisputed talent. I love innovation and variety. My communication skills guarantee a good flow of information.
- Scientific research: setting up, planning and coordinating experiments; result-driven approach.
- Project management: initiating, developing and coordinating research projects; budget management; meeting deadlines.
- Co-promotor NANORISK project – leader WP3
- Co-promotor MYCOBINDERS project – leader WP2
- European Commission FP6 NANOSAFE2
- People management: supervising students and lab technicians; chairing meetings; establishing collaboration.
- Communication: presenting results at international conferences and project meetings, convincing people; Writing scientific papers, study protocols, project reports, Service Level Agreement; giving advice.
- Data analysis: review, analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data; critical analysis and synthesis of research-related problems.
- Working in accredited laboratory (ISO 17025, ISO 17043, National Reference Lab).
- Acting within a legal framework and regulatory obligations.
- Laboratory expertise:
- Toxicity of nanoparticles. Lung inflammation and prothrombotic effects.
- Toxicity of mycotoxins, binder and biomarker studies. Chemical analysis.
- In vitro - in vivo experiments, microscopy, pathology, molecular biology.
Since August 2013
June 2009 --- July 2013
investigating food safety/toxicity related to mycotoxins and nanoparticles
February 2009 --- June 2009
risk assessment of chemicals
June 2004 --- January 2009
“Toxicity of nanoparticles. Cytotoxicity – Development of an in vitro pulmonary translocation model – In vivo toxicity and tissue distribution”
Promotor Prof. dr. Peter Hoet - Co-promotor Prof. dr. Ben Nemery
Doctor in Medical sciences from KU Leuven in 2008
Master in Bio-engineering in Cell and Gene biotechnology from KU Leuven in 2003