i am a Scientist with a passion for medical-Clinical research. for 10 years i have experience in developing, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating. during my research Career i have acquired expertise in various fields of Medical Research and related techniques, first as project officer, then as co-promotor and Project Leader. as a Consultant, i support managers in the implementation of the relevant legislation.
i am superb in analyzing complex issues. i can handle large amounts of information and easily see patterns in complexity. these structures i can pass on by explaining complex issues in an easy way. in everything i do i aim for accuracy and quality. purposeful, structured and efficient organizing is my undisputed talent. i love Innovation and variety. my Communication Skills guarantee a good flow of information.
- scientific research: setting up, Planning and coordinating experiments; result-driven approach.
- Project Management: initiating, developing and coordinating research projects; budget management; meeting deadlines.
- co-promotor nanorisk project – leader wp3
- co-promotor mycobinders project – leader wp2
- european commission fp6 nanosafe2
- people management: supervising students and Lab technicians; chairing meetings; establishing collaboration.
- communication: presenting results at international conferences and project meetings, convincing people; writing scientific papers, study protocols, project reports, service level agreement; giving advice.
- Data Analysis: review, analysis, evaluation and interpretation of data; critical analysis and synthesis of research-related problems.
- working in accredited Laboratory (ISO 17025, iso 17043, national reference Lab).
- acting within a legal framework and regulatory obligations.
- Laboratory expertise:
Since August 2013
Attaché REACHFebruary 2009 --- June 2009
Risk Assessment of chemicals
Doctor in Medical sciences from KU Leuven in 2008
Master in Bio-engineering in Cell and Gene biotechnology from KU Leuven in 2003