- Build, set and apply sales strategies for fast development of novel technology suppliers and Service Providers
- Lead and motivate sale teams (including FAS and service engineer) and Distribution channel
- Review and negotiate contracts and deals
- Marketing initiative and creation (brochure, booth, website, newsletters campaign ...)
- Optimize work-flow to insure productivity and competitiveness.
- Research (RUO) and Diagnostic (IVD) Market
I want the company i am working for to succeed! I want the company to give itself the mean to be successful. email: popielarz.michel(at)wanadoo.fr
European Sales Directeur
Since January 2015
Platine Pharma Services (PPS) - a ABL Inc. Company - is a subsidiary of the Mérieux Institute (Lyon, France).
We do have facilities in France (Lyon) as well as in the US (ABL Inc., Rockville, MD). We offer services for research, preclinical and clinical studies (Phase I and II).
Our expertise includes:
- Quantification of circulating biomarkers in multiplex (Luminex & Meso Scale Discovery) or ultra-sensitive technology platforms (Singulex & Quanterix ...)
- Cell Phenotyping and Immunomonitoring (FACS Canto II / ELIspot)
- Development and validation of methods on all platforms mentioned above
- in vitro Immunogenicity prediction (patented) and ADA measurements & characterization
- Smooth transition from RUO to IVD (companion diagnostics along with BioMérieux)
- International Sample Preparation Network offers preparation and deep freezing within max 8 hours after blood draw.
Achievement in 2015 : I increased the turnover with new Customers and optimized the External Sponsor/Historical Founders (IPH & TG) ratio at 60/40% (30/70% in 2014).
Chief Business Development Officer
July 2013 --- December 2014
Firalis SAS is a private company which is active in R&D projects to identify, qualify and develop IVD methods to measure novel biomarkers, in collaborative European projects (IMI, FP7, H2020…) and in Services, ImmunoAssays and bioProduction.
I focused my activities on developing sales for:
- CE marked Assay Kits through collaborations with international KOL
- Services activities (biomarker testing and small protein production).
Achievements: i have increased the turnover from 0€ to 500k€ within the first year
Sales Director, E.U.
February 2012 --- June 2013
May 2003 --- January 2012
I was responsible for all sales & after-sales activities for instruments and reagents in the BeNeLux, France, Spain, Portugal and Italy along with a team of 5 persons including Sales Rep, Field Applications Scientists and Service Engineer.
Achievements: Turnover from $0 to $4M within the first 5 years - Exceeded the last 6 years quotas.
Distributors Manager (EMEA) & Direct Sales in European Countries
March 2000 --- April 2003
Distribution channel including European Countries, Eastern European Countries, Scandinavia, Africa and Middle East. Direct Sales of high value instruments (FLIPR, LJLbioSystem, IonWorks) in FR, IT, ES, BE, NL, LU, PT.
January 1999 --- February 2000
Note: Amersham Biosciences acquired Molecular Dynamics in 1999.
January 1997 --- January 1999
Account Manager, South France
PostDoc in Cellular Biology (JAK/STAT) from Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln's Inn Field LONDON in 1996
Ph.D in Cellular and Molecular Biology from Université Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg I) in 1994
DEUG B in Sciences de la Vie from Univ Metz (57) France in 1986