i am a senior-level Associate Scientist and certified Molecular Biologist mb (ascp) with more than 10 years’ experience in Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical environments. i have been with amgen oncology Biomarker group since 2008. i am looking for advancing my Career and exploring new opportunities with start-up to mid size organization . i have experience in Assay development and Validation, Cell based assay, Protein Purification and Characterization, stable Cell lines propagation, DNA/ RNA extraction and quantitation. in general i am passionate about science and serving patients. i have the ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to changes rabidly. i am very driven, and self-motivated to deliver quality data can be trusted. in addition to my scientific expertise, i have proven capabilities in writing detailed Research reports with Statistical Analysis and recommendations. i am self-motivated professional who works independently and also collaborates with teams. articulate communicator with all organizational levels.
sr. Associate ScientistThousand Oaks, CA, United States
Since December 2008
- developing and validate Cell based Assays to measure Biomarker for amgen proprietary targets
- evaluate drug candidates’ specificity and selectivity by various technologies including facs, total Protein analysis by Western blot, ief, ELISA and msd
- Cell lines propagation, Cell banking and tissue disaggregation
- DNA/RNA extraction and quantitation from fresh tissue and ffpe to support Microarray investigations for molecular signature that predict response to drug candidates
- use the nautilus LIMS for maintaining samples chain of custody and samples Data Analysis
- relpot plus, softmax, GraphPad Prism and snagit-8 data capture Software Statistical packages
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, word, PowerPoint, outlook)
- negotiate reagents’ standing order with third party
- serve as Member of Drug Discovery platform, which identifies new technologies that would benefit the organization Research group.
- serve as Member of assay Qualification assessment group (aqag) to review the newly developed Biomarker Assays
- write and submit new equipment requests that are reviewed by Capital Equipment budget committee.
- supervise and train summer students.
- Developing and validate cell based assays to measure biomarker for Amgen proprietary targets
- Evaluate drug candidates’ specificity and selectivity by various technologies including FACS, total protein analysis by Western Blot, IEF, ELISA and MSD
- Cell lines propagation, cell banking and tissue disaggregation
- DNA/RNA extraction and quantitation from fresh tissue and FFPE to support microarray investigations for molecular signature that predict response to drug candidates
- Use the Nautilus LIMS for maintaining samples chain of custody and samples data analysis
- RELPOT Plus, SoftMax, GraphPad Prism and SnagIT-8 data capture software Statistical Packages
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Negotiate reagents’ standing order with third party
- Serve as member of Drug Discovery Platform, which identifies new technologies that would benefit the organization research group.
- Serve as member of Assay Qualification Assessment Group (AQAG) to review the newly developed biomarker assays
- Write and submit new equipment requests that are reviewed by Capital Equipment Budget Committee.
- Supervise and train summer students.
sr. Associate Scientist
Since December 2008
perform Assays quantification and Validation for amgen programs focus on oncology, Inflammation and Neuroscience drug candidates developing fine needle aspirate methodology to investigate rank/ rankl expression in ex-vivo nsclc by IHC that will aid in patients stratification and lung Cancer therapy. isolate DNA and RNA from flash frozen tissues, human cell lines and ffpe blocks to support Microarray investigations for molecular signature that predict response to drug candidates evaluate drug candidates’ specificity and selectivity by various technologies including phospho and total protein Analysis by Western blot, ELISA, msd, and luminex tissue disaggregation and isolation of viable cells, facs, phosflow, Protein Purification from cell line and human tissues, Cell Culture, cell based kinase Assays, whole tissue enzymatic Assays, and glp-like assay Validation. propagate, maintain Mammalian Cell Culture, sirna site selection, sirna Transfection optimisation, cellular toxicity Assays and Validation, RNA purification and quantification other duties: track in house amgen donors and ffpe blocks and Clinical samples Clinical samples chain of custody using nautilus tracking system collaborate with amgen operation group for medical science manual and automated pipettes calibration tracking, report out of tolerance pipettes and follow up with the primary Investigator for Clinical samples’ assessment study expertise includes: biomarker Assay development and Qualification, tissue disaggregation and isolation of viable cells facs, phosflow, protein extraction, purification and quantitation from cell lines, Cell Culture, cell based kinase Assays, whole tissue enzymatic Assays Perform assays quantification and validation for Amgen programs focus on Oncology, inflammation and neuroscience drug candidates Developing Fine Needle Aspirate methodology to investigate RANK/ RANKL expression in ex-vivo NSCLC by IHC that will aid in patients stratification and lung cancer therapy. Isolate DNA and RNA from flash frozen tissues, human cell lines and FFPE blocks to support microarray investigations for molecular signature that predict response to drug candidates Evaluate drug candidates’ specificity and selectivity by various technologies including Phospho and total protein analysis by Western Blot, ELISA, MSD, and Luminex Tissue disaggregation and isolation of viable cells, FACS, PhosFlow, protein purification from cell line and human tissues, cell culture, cell based kinase assays, whole tissue enzymatic assays, and GLP-like assay validation. Propagate, maintain mammalian cell culture, siRNA site selection, siRNA transfection optimisation, cellular toxicity assays and validation, RNA purification and quantification Other Duties: Track in house AMGEN donors and FFPE blocks and clinical samples clinical samples chain of custody using Nautilus tracking system Collaborate with Amgen operation group for medical science manual and automated pipettes calibration tracking, report out of tolerance pipettes and follow up with the primary investigator for clinical samples’ assessment study Expertise includes: Biomarker assay development and qualification, Tissue disaggregation and isolation of viable cells FACS, PhosFlow, Protein extraction, purification and quantitation from cell lines, Cell culture, cell based kinase assays, whole tissue enzymatic assays
Virology Scientist 1July 2006 --- November 2008
duties create master cell bank and subsequent working cell bank for hep2 cell line. infect hep2 cell line with Respiratory syncytial Virus to creat pdx Virus stock perform microneutralization assay for anti rsv antibody quantitation perform Respiratory viruses screening and identification for Clinical Trial samples quantify the Biological activity of pi88 in plasma samples by Fluorescence quenching assay write sops for pdx Cell Culture propagation and maintenance , Assays Qualification followed by the Validation plan
sr.Associate ScientistFebruary 2003 --- June 2006
Biomarker identification and Assay development perform cytokine quantitation (multiple species) for serum, tissue homogenates, and bronchoalveolar lavage using standard ELISA, meso-scale electrochemiluminescence, and multiplex cytometric bead array. conduct In Vitro Vascular permeability and mtt proliferation Assays to mimic the target tissue for the Testing compound toxicity, as part of pre-ind filing. implement insulin quantitation for pre- and post-treated rat pancreatic β-Cell Culture using standard ELISA. Process development perform sequential lipoprotein depletion and radiometric Enzyme activity assay for recombinant platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase (rpafase)® plasma levels in support of a Phase 2 Clinical Trial. develop and manufacture in-house hdl reagent for lipoprotein binding assay (immunoaffinity Purification of apolipoprotein a1-hdl utilizing cnbr-activated sepharose 4 fast flow conjugated to anti-apo a1 antibody). utilize ion exchange Chromatography and size exclusion Chromatography as part of rpafase cross Characterization plan. revise qc test methods to improve separations of pure species of rpafase pre, main, and post peaks.
Associate ScientistFebruary 2001 --- June 2003
Clinical Pathology perform routine Hematology assessment on humans and animals, including automated Analysis, and manual differentials for efficacy and toxicity studies. conduct routine Clinical Chemistry assessment on humans and animals. execute manual cytology examination of bronchoalveolar lavage fluids, as part of evaluating compound efficacy in murine model of allergic bronchitis. compile Statistics, generate graphs, and prepare text reports of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, and cytology results for submission to investigators. evaluate Clinical Pathology endpoints (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, and cytology) for investigational efficacy, tolerability, and toxicity studies performed in-house. monitor reagent and supplies inventory and place electronic supply orders. participate in product Research and prepare proposal and justification for acquiring new Lab equipment that considerably speed up performance and accuracy. develop standard operating procedures (sops) for operating the dade-behring dimension ar Clinical Chemistry analyzer and cytological assessment bronchoalveolar lavage fluids. implement Laboratory information system (lis) (labcat, innovative programming associates, princeton, nj).
Protein Chemistry Associate ScientistFebruary 1999 --- December 2001
develop Purification methods for recombinant Proteins expressed in Mammalian cells, e. coli, and baculovirus / insect Cell Culture. perform cell lysis using frensh press, sonication, and dounce homogenization. prepare Protein extraction using saturated ammonium sulfate cuts, ultra filtration, and dialysis. use basic chromatographic techniques for large scale Purification (metal chelate affinity Chromatography, biotin-streptavidin affinity Chromatography, gel filtration, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, Protein affinity Chromatography, and size exclusion Chromatography). conduct novel Proteins Characterization expressed in various cell types by ISO-electric focusing, SDS-PAGE Gel Electrophoresis, Western blot, UV absorbance, and Protein quantitation (bca, bradford, and lowery methods). develop Enzyme labeled ni-nta conjugate plate based assay for measuring his-tag Proteins in raw materials.
Certification in Medical technology from USC_Medical Technology program in 1994
BS in biochemistry from Ain Shams University in 1989
Training and Certification
Molecular Biologist MB (ASCP) in 0000 Certification