- more than six years of experience in Drug Discovery and development in several disease areas at janssen pharmaceutica nv (j&j) and ucb biopharma sv
- extensive scientific experience in-vitro, molecular biology techniques and in-vivo assay evident from 15 Publications, documentations, study report and protocols
- experience in complex data interpretation and Statistical Analysis, experienced working in highly matrix environment with Drug Discovery & development teams (pharmacokinetic and safety partners)
- led projects from target identification to the lead optimization stage with expertise in various pharmacological and disease models, biochemical and molecular Assays
- Project Management experience including timeline scheduling and milestones, Budgeting, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- experienced professional in collaboration and coordination of multiple activities across many business partners, evident from my contribution on two eu-sponsored innovative medicines initiative (imi) consortiums formal Education in Pharmaceutical Sciences with major in human disease, Clinical Pathophysiology and pharmacology
Global Medical Information ManagerWaver, Belgium
Since September 2016
medical information management:
development and maintenance of standard letters; management of the process for receipt and resolution of questions not dealt with in standard letters but considered as ml queries, maintenance of appropriate systems and tools for management of medical information, reporting on medical information activities (volume, issues ...), appropriate Communication of safety issues raised via medical queries.
general support and coordination to ensure accuracy of reply to logs for all queries that cannot be addressed locally.
contribute to ongoing improvement of this process, being influential within medical affairs in anchoring this process, through appropriate engagement with medical affairs players. signal to gsk management issues with non-respect of the ml process.
develop, review & communicate medically relevant insights to global medical affairs on the questions received and any trends or gaps observed.
Medical Information Management:
Development and Maintenance of standard letters; management of the process for receipt and resolution of questions not dealt with in standard letters but considered as Ml queries, maintenance of appropriate systems and tools for management of Medical Information, reporting on Medical Information activities (volume, issues ...), appropriate communication of safety issues raised via medical queries.
General support and coordination to ensure accuracy of reply to LOGs for all queries that cannot be addressed locally.
Contribute to ongoing improvement of this process, being influential within Medical Affairs in anchoring this process, through appropriate engagement with Medical Affairs players. Signal to GSK management issues with non-respect of the Ml process.
Develop, review & communicate medically relevant insights to Global Medical affairs on the questions received and any trends or gaps observed.
Cognition and Alzheimer's therapeutic area Beerse, BelgiumOctober 2012 --- October 2015
- Planning, designing, executing, Data Analysis, reporting of pharmacological studies & associated Research activities (alzheimer’s disease, autism, mood disorders)
- new pharmacological Assay development, Validation of genetic models of autism and alzheimer’s disease
- Small molecules lead optimization for Therapeutic Areas
- new target identification and pathways proposal preparation, Validation/proof of concept(poc) studies
- management of highly collaborative imi projects – newmeds (cognitive deficits in schizophrenia) and eu-aims (autism)
- cross-site studies with the collaborators (8-10 academic and industry partners)
- Project Management support: coordination of Research activities with internal and external partners, work with timeline and milestones, organising meetings & teleconference across different site and time zones, reporting and updates, in-Licensing Negotiation and document preparation
- steadfast day-to-day advanced Troubleshooting with instruments and studies
- supervision of masters, phd students and staffs (a group of 5-6 people)
- Scientific writing: manuscript, study report, protocols, grant Applications, Internal Communications
- published 04 manuscripts ( 02 in preparation)
- conducted several cross-site studies (in collaboration) and achieved goals for the cross-site studies
- developed and validated new protocols and Assays for compound screening to measure cognitive functions and behavioural changes
- established new collaboration with the University of seville, spain
- provided effective Project Management support to teams
- worked in a team of 10-12 people and collaborated with different teams and function in the department of more than 200 people
technical expertise: touch-screen based learning and memory impairment tasks such as visual discrimination, reversal tasks, trial unique non-matched to location (tunl), paired-associated learning (pal). pharmacological tests and models development and Validation for alzheimer’s and cognitive deficits in schizophrenia.
Post Doctoral Fellow, CNS Research Braine-l'Alleud, BelgiumOctober 2009 --- October 2012
- responsible for the coordination of pharmacological studies within and between teams: in-vivo, pharmacokinetic, Chemistry, in-vitro teams, Preclinical development teams
- provide scientific input pertaining to epilepsy Drug Discovery projects
- develop translational disease models for epilepsy
- conduct target Validation, in-vitro, biochemical and molecular biology studies
- preparation and presentation of target proposals, reports and writing manuscripts
- designing experiments, Data Analysis and literature update
- support to various aspects of Drug Discovery projects
- published 03 manuscripts
- delivered key data and results for the discovery projects within timeline
- developed translational disease models for epilepsy in rat and mice
- engaged with teams in decision-making, in designing and executing experiments for epilepsy disease pipeline
- contributed to new technology Validation and deployment with external partners for high-throughout in-vivo compound screening
- continuously worked on developing personal, Leadership, communications and management skills through internal Training and support programs
- worked in a team of 15 people in a department of more than 100 people
Research Assistant (Part-time) Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaJune 2006 --- September 2009
- support numerous Research projects and set up epilepsy model in mice/rats.
- writing animal Ethics Applications and Research manuscripts
- provide supervision and support to honours and master’s Research students
- acquired sophisticated surgical skills with high accuracy in mice/rats and efficiently managed the projects parallel to phd work
- provided timely results to various Research projects
- managed data record and Laboratory notebook maintenance according to ip and copyright rules of the University of melbourne, australia
- improved Communication Skills (written and oral)
- attended various workshops, lectures, seminars and Training program for personal/professional development
Visiting academic/researcher, Dept of Medicine Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaJune 2005 --- March 2006
- manage Research projects and set up epilepsy models in mice and rats
- day-to-day supervision and support to Research students
LecturerAugust 2003 --- May 2005
- Teaching pharmacology, anatomy and Physiology to undergraduate (b.Pharmacy) students
- design pharmacological studies for master’s Research project and guidance
- support institutional animal Ethics committee
- administrative duties
- adapted Teaching methods to suit students from variety of academic, ethnic, linguistic and ability background
- motivated students to achieve high in Career, several of them remarkably excelled in their Career
- applied Research and organizational skills in setting up new pharmacology Laboratory and in designing of a new animal house facility
Analytical thinkingAttention to detailCreative thinkingFlexibilityInterest in knowledgeKindnessOptimismOrganizationProblem solvingProactivityResponsibilityResult OrientedSelf-confidenceTrust
Skills and Expertise
Search literature on clinical trials Use a confocal microscopy Report dataAnalyze proteinCell cultureCoach staffCollaborate with PI and institution to respond to any audit findings and implement-approved recommendations.Conduct literature searchesConduct limited data and/or statistical analysis.Conduct university research coordinating research projectsCreates a collaborative team environmentDesign scientific experimentsDesign studiesDesign scientific projects (in biology)Execute scientific projectsIdentify sitesInteract with KOLInteract with statisticiansInterpret scientific datalifescienceMarket approvalManuscript preparation and reviewMonitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)Organize scientific projects (in biology)People managementPrepare investigator brochuresPublication of articlesR&DResearch at universitiesStatistical analysisTeachingWrite documentsWritten presentationUse fluorescence microscopyUse western blotting technique
Master’s Degree in Business Administration and Management, General from Vrije Universiteit Brussel in 2013
PhD in Epilepsy and Stress from University of Melbourne in 2009
M.Pharmacy in Pharmacology (2003) from Panjab University in 2003
B.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Sciences from North Maharashtra University in 2001
Training and Certification
Scientific writing in 2015 Training
Expert has 10 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)