I am a self-starter with a passion for data analysis and monitoring and evaluation. My inherent curiosity has led been the fuel for my pursuit in a career in research and development. With a background in biochemistry and additional postgraduate training in project management, my role as a researcher has been fortified by my ability to maintain objectivity and a logical approach to solving problems. My hobbies involve chess, travelling and reading which come as an added advantage with respect to my career line of choice.
Lead Field Assistant Nairobi, Kenya
June 2015 --- August 2015
I was the lead project assistant in a nation wide civil education project sponsored by the Ministry for Devolution and Planning. I lead a team of 10 individuals in condicting coordinatated training sessions across the 12 counties in Kenya.
My main tasks involved,
- Liasing with mobilizing agents to ensure target participants were equally represented.
- Organising for centralised and accesible training venues.
- Conducting base-line surveys to establish any additional training needs of the target audiences.
- Formulation of data collection methods appropriate to the target audience and esuring proper statistical data collection methods are upheld through out the process.
- Drafting of weekly progress reports, budgets and cost schedules.
- Ensurign set budget targets are maintained through out the project through implementation of cost saving procedures essentially through logistical planning and negotiation skills.
Analytical thinkingCritical thinkingOrganizationApproachabilityAssertivenessCommunicativeCuriosityDiligencePerspective
BiochemistryProtocolGood Clinical Practice (GCP) Lab scale batches NegotiationAuditingManaging Clinical Trial Supplies
Skills and Expertise
Analytical skillsproject managementClinical data collection
Bachelor in Biochemistry from Kenyatta University in 2014
Diploma in Project Management from Kenya Institute of Management Studies in 2014