Platform Program Manager DiepenbeekAugust 2011 --- November 2015
as platform Program Manager, i continued to provide cadd support for amakem's Drug Discovery and development projects. i also contributed as inventor to amakem's patent Applications, and provided scientific feedback in case of search reports and freedom to operate analyses. my tasks also included a fair amount of interaction with the Organic Synthesis and Biology groups at amakem, as well as contacts with external parties (cros, universities...).
Senior scientist - CADDAugust 2010 --- July 2011
i joined amakem nv in 2010, a few months after it was incorporated. my inital tasks at amakem were:
- to implement a small cadd platform based on open source contributions.
- to provide cadd support in order:
- to better define/understand the principles of the localized drug action platform
- to optimize amakem's initial series of locally-acting rock inhibitors
- to apply localized drug action principles to other compounds series and/or targets.
successes in those tasks later resulted in a number of patent filings and in my promotion as platform Program Manager.
Research ScientistMay 2008 --- December 2009
* key competences: structure-based Drug Design, virtual screening, molecular docking, molecular dynamics, qsar/qspr, classification & regression Algorithms, cheminformatics * responsible for several lead Discovery & optimisation projects * redaction and presentation of proposals & scientific reports * contact with cros and compound providers * interaction with compound screening group
Senior ScientistMay 2004 --- April 2008
* key competences: structure-based and ligand-based Drug Design, virtual screening, molecular docking, molecular dynamics, qsar/qspr, homology modelling * support of the Medicinal Chemistry group for lead Discovery & optimisation projects * chem. rep. of a lead Discovery project involving virtual screening and crystallography * collaboration with fundp for Protein Purification and small Molecule crystallography projects * interaction with Organic chemistry, compound screening, and molecular biology groups
Doctorand (PhD Student)October 1999 --- February 2004
* key competences: structure-based Drug Design, small Molecule crystallography, molecular docking, molecular modelling and molecular dynamics * support of a Drug Design project sponsored by regional funds (waleo) * phd studentship sponsored by two grants from the “fonds pour la recherche en industrie et en Agriculture” (fria) * collaboration with Organic chemistry and Molecular Virology groups * supervision of three first degree theses in the context of phd Research
AdaptabilityCollaborationCreative thinkingCritical thinkingCuriosityDependabilityIndependenceInterest in knowledgeProblem solvingAnalytical thinking
PharmacokineticsPharmacodynamicsBioavailability Scientific writing R&D BiochemistryScientific WritingPharmaceutical IndustryINDpharmacologyPowerPointMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeActions and modes of action of drugs in the human speciesDrug metabolismChemistryMedicinal ChemistryMolecular ModelingPreclinical developmentLife SciencesDrug development processEDCEarly development stageIn VitroRegulatory affairsRisk Management
Skills and Expertise
lifesciencePublish scientific projects Write papers Report dataEvaluate physico-chemical dataResolves queriesOral presentationManuscript reviewManuscript preparationInterpret dataExecute scientific projects
PhD in Sciences (Chemistry) from FUNDP (University of Namur) in 2004
Master in Chemistry from FUNDP (University of Namur) in 1999
Training and Certification
CRA Training in 2010 Training
HPLC Basics in 2010 Training
HPLC Methods Development in 2010 Training
Introduction to data management in 2010 Training
Introduction to good clinical practice in 2010 Training
Introduction to regulatory affairs in 2010 Training
Quality by Design in 2010 Training
Expert has 20 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)