Program Leader Diepenbeek
Since September 2014
- Head of pre-clinical in vivo studies (PK, efficacy, tolerability…)
- Project leader (early discovery to in vivo PoC)
- Team Leader of cellular screening assays
- Manager of a team of research associates
- Site manager of discovery research site (biopanning, screening cellular assays, PK assay development/validation
- Design and monitoring cell-based screening assays for hit-to-lead identification
- Development and validation of PK assays
- Extensive experience with establishing relationship with external partners (CROs)
- Involvement in partnering discussion as responsible for screening cell-based assays and for pre-clinical studies
Project Manager Brussels, Belgium
July 2014 --- September 2014
- Provide support in the selection process of appropriate subcontractors (i.e. CROs and CMOs) for the execution of the planned CMC activities, preclinical studies and the future clinical studies
- Support the design of CMC, preclinical and clinical study plans in close collaboration with consultants assigned to the project
- Manage the approved study plans, timelines and budget with the selected subcontractors, from initial panning to final reporting
Scientist Pharmacodynamics/Translational Medicine Zwijnaarde, Ghent, Belgium
July 2011 --- July 2014
- Act as Department representative at cross-departmental and stakeholder management meetings
- Management of team of associate scientists and (Sr.) research associate
- Supervision of (Sr.) research associates
- Organizer, moderator and coordinator of departmental project meetings
- Active member of the Oncology-focus group responsible to identify potential new target to initiate internal research programs in Oncology
- Responsible for establishing relationship/collaboration with KOLs and CRO
- Responsible for outsourced in vivo pre-clinical studies with CRO (identification, contracting, study protocol, study monitoring and reporting)
- Define strategies for in vivo proof of concept determination in disease models
- Involvement in partnering discussions as lead scientist for specific projects
- Determination of translational medicine strategy for lead compound
- Development and validation of biomarker assays for pre-clinical studies
Post-doctoral scholar Chicago, IL, United States
August 2009 --- February 2011
- Lead and implement scientific projects focused on tumor microenvironment (during ovarian and breast cancers).
- Design, implement and complete research projects.
- Review and interpret scientific and medical literature, publish and present data at national and international conferences and in internationally recognized journals
- Write successful applications to obtain research funds and scientific manuscripts.
- Perform scientific experiments and trouble-shoot related problems.
- Review scientific and medical literature.
- Train and supervise PhD, Master students and technicians.
Analytical thinkingAssertivenessAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCompetitivenessCreative thinkingCritical thinkingCuriosityCoordinationEfficiencyIndependenceInterest in knowledgeOptimismOrganizationResponsibilityResult OrientedFlexibilityInnovative thinkingProactivityStrategic thinkingWillingness to compromiseSelf-confidence
Animal models Cell biology Negotiation R&D Scientific writingAllergy and immunologyAnalytical techniquesAntibodiesBiological Drug DevelopmentBiomarkersBiopharmaceuticalsBiotechnologyBudget ManagementCancerCell biologyCell CultureCommunication SkillsCross-functional team leadershipContract negotiationDrug development processEarly development stageEnglishELISAFlow CytometryImmunocytochemistry (ICC)Immunohistochemistry (IHC)Grant Writinggrant writing and designIn VitroIn VivoKnowledge of the drug development processKOL managementLaboratory ManagementMicrosoft ExcelTime ManagementTeam LeadershipSearch literature on clinical trialsScientific WritingR&DProduct developmentPre-clinical researchoncology
Skills and Expertise
Supervise technicians Report data Interpret data Search literature on clinical trialsBiomarker Researchbudgeting of R&D activitiesDirect co-workersExecute scientific projects
PhD in Oncology from Vanderbilt University in 2009