-demonstrated ability to successfully market technically sophisticated Medical Device products in an international environment
-strong analytic, technical, and strategic abilities combined with attention to detail, a hands-on approach, and a drive for results
-an effective communicator able to connect with people at all levels and across different cultures
-voice of customer, needs analysis and value proposition
-market and Competitive Analysis
-global product Strategy and launch
-customer relationship and kol management
Global Sr. Marketing Manager – Blood Safety Platforms Zavetem, BelgiumJanuary 2012 --- February 2015
responsible for developing a blood safety Strategy for the blood center segment, and for providing ongoing global Product Marketing support for the mirasol® pathogen reduction technology (prt) platform:
- conducted various voc initiatives to understand customer needs and prioritities in blood safety
- led cross-functional and cross-geographic teams to develop business case and market entry plans for introduction of the mirasol prt platform into key new markets (us, canada, france, germany)
- led annual Planning process and delivery of key marketing tactics for the prt business area
Global Marketing Manager – Pathogen Reduction Technologies Zaventem, BelgiumJune 2006 --- December 2011
responsible for bringing the mirasol prt technology to market globally, for guiding development efforts of future product generations, and to develop and drive successful execution of all Product Marketing strategies and launch plans for the mirasol prt system.
- led effort to identify and translate worldwide customer needs for pathogen reduction technology into product conceptualisation and development objectives.
- supported development effort through successful release of multiple platform permutations. -
- managed a small, globally focused marketing and product support team, and provided Leadership to regional marketing staff in the emea and asia-pacific regions.
Global Marketing Manager, Blood Bank Technology Denver, Colorado, Verenigde StatenJune 2000 --- May 2006
responsible for developing and executing Marketing strategies, programs, and new product introduction plans in the area of blood bank technology:
- drove all Marketing activities for caridianbct’s leading product platform at a global level.
- developed strategies to differentiate and position caridianbct as an industry Leader in blood safety, and ensure successful execution of global blood safety initiatives.
- completed in-depth Market research to identify critical customer needs in the area of pathogen reduction technology (prt), providing direction for the development and positioning of a novel prt offering (mirasol prt system).
Therapy Scientist Blood Bank Technology Zaventem, BelgiëJanuary 1997 --- July 2000
- drove field Verification and Marketing trials for the development and market introduction of two new collection platforms, spectra lrs turbo™ and trima®.
- designed and delivered effective internal and external Training programs and support materials; supported customers with scientific Publications and Presentations on the use and performance of caridianbct collection systems.
- acted as liaison between the european organization and corporate-based teams to share market information and provide input to r&d.
Skills and Expertise
Collaborate with project team Guide students Interact with physiciansConduct literature searchesDesign marketing advertismentsInteract with pre-clinical scientistsLiaise with doctorsmanaging a small teamManuscript reviewMarket approvalOral presentationNetworkOrganise meetingsLiaise with research teamPromotional materialsPresent data at congressWritten presentation
PhD in Biomedical Sciences from University of Leuven in 1996