Category Manager Life Science - Europe
Since January 2014
Product Manager Life Science - Europe
Since March 2011
- Managing VWR's European life science portfolio consisting of more than 200 suppliers - Co-managing the 'VWRbiomarke' program, focused on achieving accelerated growth for 20 elite partners through strategic marketing initiatives - Main driver for VWR's fast growing antibody portfolio, bringing on board new partners; developed and launched the 'IgGy antibody selector' tool - Lead project manager in the European integration and launch of Amresco, a US-based biochemical company acquired by VWR in 2011; successfully generated brand awareness and increased market penetration in a highly competitive environment - Involved in global initiatives leveraging VWR's worldwide footprint, developing joint marketing activities and establishing long-term global partners
Senior Life Science Specialist
September 2008 --- March 2011
- Managing 15 reps in product promotion, sales techniques and competition assessment. Targeting customers for newly launched and existing products directed towards a large customer base consisting of large pharmaceutical companies, biotech and university accounts (e.g. Amgen, Baxter Bioscience, Allergan, Quest Diagnostics, Abraxis, etc.). - Responsible for sustaining and increasing annual regional sales of more than $7,500,000. In depth sales figure analysis to investigate market dynamics, take pre-emptive action and scout for new sales opportunities. - Driving sales of new product lines and innovative technology, including creating and increasing brand awareness (GE HealthCare, Lonza, Biomerieux, etc.). - Generating and maintaining successful business relationships with customers, vendors, as well as colleagues, and providing technical support and feedback. - Negotiating and finalizing long-term contractual agreements with clients. - Organizing, performing and participating in product presentations, seminars, sales events, status reports and forecasts.
Product Specialist Life Science
March 2005 --- September 2008
- Part of VWR's Life science specialist group increasing market penetration of 43 major brands for a wide range of application fields within Genomics, Proteomics and Cell culture (e.g. Corning/BD Bioscience, Quanta Biosciences, Thermo Scientific, Merck Millipore, Eppendorf, etc.). - Responsible for sustaining and increasing annual regional sales of more than €2,500,000. In depth sales analysis investigating market and customer dynamics, take pre-emptive action and scout for new sales opportunities. - Supporting 5 general sales reps in promoting and understanding the life science product range and giving them all the tools needed to successfully drive them independently. - Generating, maintaining and closing large agreements with clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology market. - Initiating, organizing and executing product promos to create product awareness, uncover new opportunities and increase customer loyalty. Achievements: Double-digit growth of sales margin each consecutive year.
November 2002 --- March 2005
- Worked with top-field scientists involving mouse models and molecular biology of Alzheimer’s disease. - Successfully performed, optimized and evaluated numerous in vivo and in vitro techniques. Achievements: ‘Presenilin 1 maintains a nine-transmembrane topology throughout the secretory pathway’ Spasic D, Tolia A, Dillen K, Baert V, De Strooper B, Vrijens S and Annaert W (Journal of Biological Chemistry; 2006)
August 2002 --- November 2002
- Exploratory Internship in a high security laboratory setting, performing various cellular screenings to improve and facilitate diagnosis and medication of patients suffering from HIV.
Bachelor in Biomedical Laboratory Technology - specialization: Farmaceutical and Biological Techniques from Katholieke Hogeschool Kempen in 2002
Latin & Sciences in Latin & Science from Sint-Michiels College in 1997