Product Manager Life Science
Since April 2013
- Responsible for the positioning of existing JSR Life Science products on the European market. Responsible for (1) In Vitro Diagnostics & Research Reagents; and (2) Medical Polymers product segments of JSR Life Sciences. More recently, following a strategic investment in MBL Corporation, their portfolio of research reagents and In-Vitro Diagnostic tests was also added to my responsibilities.
- Responsible for new business development in relevant areas, continuously looking for interesting new technologies, products, opportunities and collaborations, and turning opportunities into long-term supply contracts.
- Member and secretary of the global strategic steering committee setting out the future business direction in Research Reagents and In-Vitro Diagnostics.
- Member of the global strategic growth team Immuno-Oncology.
- Member of the global strategic growth team New Platform Technologies.
- Member of the global strategic growth team Liquid Biopsy.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing the Key Opinion Leader network in EMEA.
- Overall support in assessments of investment opportunities (worldwide).
R&D scientist Life Science
October 2010 --- March 2013
November 2010 --- September 2011
January 2005 --- January 2010
Analytical thinkingCollaborationCommunicativeCreative thinkingCritical thinkingDiligenceIndependenceInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeOptimismOrganizationResult OrientedSelf-confidenceStrategic thinkingTrust
Animal models Cell biology Negotiation R&D Scientific writingActions and modes of action of human physiologyActions and modes of action of drugs in the human speciesAllergy and immunologyAntibodiesAseptic ProcessingAssay developmentBiomarkersBiotechnologyBusiness DevelopmentBusiness PlanningBusiness StrategyCancerCancer ResearchCell Based AssaysCell biologyCompetitive AnalysisConfocal MicroscopyDermatologyDiagnostic marketDiagnosticsDNADrug DeliveryDrug DevelopmentDrug DiscoveryDrug InteractionELISAEntrepreneurshipFormulationFluorescence MicroscopyGene therapyGlobal MarketingHigh Throughput Screening (HTS)Immunohistochemistry (IHC)ImmunologyImmunoprecipitationIn vitro diagnostics (IVD)In VivoInternational Project ManagementKOL managementLeadershipLife SciencesMarket developmentMarket researchMarketingMarketing StrategyMaterials ScienceMedical affairsMedical oncology Microsoft OfficeMolecular & Cellular BiologyMolecular DiagnosticsNanomedicineNanotechnologyNew Business DevelopmentoncologyPersonalized MedicinePharmaceutical SciencesProduct launchProduct managementProduct MarketingProgram ManagementProject ManagementProtein PurificationPurificationPublic SpeakingRNA isolationSalesscienceScientific CommunicationsSmall moleculesStrategic PlanningStrategyTeam LeadershipTechnological InnovationTechnology DevelopmentTransfectionTranslational ResearchTranslational Medicine
Skills and Expertise
Interact with physicians Molecular Diagnostics Technology research Write papers Write protocolsAdvise on medical perspectivesAdvise on strategyAnalyze data/information to determine potential relationships.Analyse growth / improvement potentialAttend at steering committee meetingsAttend seminarsAttend investigator meetingBiomarker ResearchCell culturecollaborate in research projects at universitiesCollaborate with medical teamCollaborate with principal investigatorCollaborate with project teamCommunicate effectively on different company levelsCoordinate regular advisory boardDefine market needsDevelop business planDevelop marketing strategiesDevelop strong internal relationships with stakeholdersEvaluate licensing opportunitiesIdentify growth / improvement potentialIdentify investigatorsIdentify market opportunitiesImplement Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)Interact with KOLInteract with physiciansInteract with pre-clinical scientistsInterpret scientific dataLiaise with doctorsMaintain strong relationshipsManage multiple projectsNegotiationOrganise steering committeeParticipate in medical reviewPresent at steering committeeProvide medical insightsProvide medical rationale of diseaseProvide support for scientific and/or technical projectsRead medical literature to maintain current awareness and knowledgeTrain StaffWork cross-functionally
PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Ghent University in 2010
Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Ghent University in 2005
Training and Certification
Developing New Business Opportunities in 2016 Training
Strategic B2B Marketing in 2016 Training
Leadership in 2013 Training