Postdoctoral Researcher Antwerp, Belgium
Since January 2016
- Optimization of the structure-property relationships of heterogeneous TiO2/V2O5/carbon nanotube electrodes for lithium-ion batteries
PhD student Antwerp, Belgium
January 2012 --- December 2015
PhD Thesis: Carbon Based Materials and Hybrid Nanostructures Investigated by Advanced Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Funded by SIM-Flanders (Strategic Initiative Materials) research program called SBO-3, where the aim was the development of the basic science and processing concepts for making aligned carbon nanotube bundles (aCNTb’s).
- The main objective of my research was to perform structural and chemical characterization in order to fully examine the aCNTb’s. This includes characterizations both on the atomic level and at the micro-scale using transmission and scanning electron microscopy.
Hilfswissenschaftler Kiel, Germany
March 2010 --- October 2011
- Funded by Microanalysis of Materials group (AG Mikrostrukturanalytik), the main goal of my scientific assistance was the preparation of transmission electron microscope specimens from GaInP/GaAs/Si multi-junction solar cells using the dimpling and wedge specimen methods and their characterizations by transmission electron microscopy.
Metallurgical Engineer Istanbul, İstanbul, Turkey
May 2008 --- October 2009
- Worked as metallurgical and materials engineer for materials such as Pig Iron, Ferro Alloys, Noble Alloys, Resins, Feeder Sleeves, Filters, etc.
- My responsibilities were on-site quality testing of the purchased materials, coordination and planning of materials (foundry consumables) purchase/sales in both foreign and domestic markets, to develop new sales routes oversees via direct sales or contact by phone, to assist Sales Manager in planning the delivery of forthcoming/outgoing products.
Intern Istanbul, İstanbul, Turkey
August 2007 --- September 2007
Intern Wels, Austria
August 2006 --- September 2006
Volunteer Coalburn, United Kingdom
August 2005 --- September 2005
AdaptabilityAnalytical thinkingApproachabilityAttention to detailCollaborationCommunicativeCoordinationCreative thinkingEfficiencyFlexibilityInnovative thinkingInterest in knowledgeKindnessProblem solvingReaction to stressResiliencyResponsibilityResult OrientedSelf-disciplineSociabilityStrategic thinkingTrust
Labtechnician R&D Scientific writingAnalysisAnalytical methodsAnalytical techniquesAutoCADCharacterizationChemistryCleanroomCommunication SkillsEngineeringEnglishExperimentationFinite Element Analysis (FEA)GermanGrant WritingLaboratoryLaboratory ResearchLaboratory SkillsLaboratory TechniquesLaboratory testingLaTeXManufacturingMarket researchMaterials ScienceMatlabMicroscopyMicrosoft ExcelMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft PowerpointMicrosoft WordNanotechnologyOutlookPhotoshopPhysicsPowerPointPresentation SkillsPresentationsProblem SolvingProcess EngineeringProduct EngineeringResearchSalesscienceScientific WritingSpectroscopyTeamworkTesting
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Physics from University of Antwerp in 2016
Master's degree in Materials Science and Engineering from Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel in 2011
Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from Middle East Technical University in 2008
Training and Certification
Marketing and Sales-Dr. Zeki Yüksekbilgili Certification
Expert has 1 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)