Sequencing ScientistLondon, United Kingdom
Since September 2016
Postdoctoral Scientist, Personalized Medicine
Since August 2014
- developing next-generation Sequencing-based (ngs) molecular Diagnostic technologies to inform decision-making in personalized Cancer Medicine.
- applying illumina’s next-generation Sequencing to investigate tumour Genomics in gi Cancer patients treated with cetuximab and regorafenib in prospective phase-iv Clinical trials conducted at the royal marsden Hospital (gcp environment).
- designing and optimizing custom library preparation and Sequencing protocols for minion nanopore sequencer to develop a pipeline for drug resistance Biomarker Discovery in patient material (secured funding from merck serono).
- designing quantitative predictive pre-clinical models of drug resistance to chemotherapeutics and targeted single and combination therapies (secured funding from the swiss national science fundation).
- Developing next-generation sequencing-based (NGS) molecular diagnostic technologies to inform decision-making in personalized cancer medicine.
- Applying Illumina’s next-generation sequencing to investigate tumour genomics in GI cancer patients treated with cetuximab and regorafenib in prospective phase-IV clinical trials conducted at The Royal Marsden Hospital (GCP environment).
- Designing and optimizing custom library preparation and sequencing protocols for MinION nanopore sequencer to develop a pipeline for drug resistance biomarker discovery in patient material (secured funding from Merck Serono).
- Designing quantitative predictive pre-clinical models of drug resistance to chemotherapeutics and targeted single and combination therapies (secured funding from the Swiss National Science Fundation).
Research Associate, Institute for Molecular Health SciencesDecember 2009 --- December 2013
- initiated and managed Translational Research projects along deadlines as part of an international team of 30+ clinicians, data scientists and biologists.
- established and coordinated collaborations with clinicians from University Hospital zurich.
- investigated the role of molecular chaperones, map kinases, and DNA damage signalling in colon Cancer progression.
- gained expertise in Cancer Biology, learned a variety of experimental techniques (e.g. Mammalian Tissue Culture, drug response Assays, rnai, heterologous Gene expression) and developed Teamwork and Project Management skills.
LinkedIn Assessment :
Ph.D. in Science in Cancer Biology from Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich in 2013
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Biotechnology from University of Warsaw in 2009
A-level exams in maths (top 4%), biology (top 5%) and chemistry (top 9%) in from XIV Stanislaw Staszic High School, Warsaw, Poland in 2005
Training and Certification
Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management, University of Virginia in 2016 Training
Operations Management, University of Illinois in 2016 Training
TransCelerate-accredited ICH GCP in 2016 Certification
FELASA category B accreditation for conducting animal experiments in 2014 Certification
Expert has 7 publications (Will be avalible with full profile)
Area / Region
London, United Kingdom