Biologist, Research Scientist, and Lecturer. skilled in:
• developing lectures, Laboratory sessions, E-Learning and seminars,
• developing, assess and evaluate tests and examinations,
• setting up and conducting scientific Research, molecular and Cell Biological Laboratory techniques,
• writing and reviewing peer reviewed papers, grant Applications, press releases, Research reports and educational materials,
• excellent knowledge of the English language,
• extensive scientific knowledge of Cardiology and oncology.
current project: acoustic cluster therapy (act) for targeted Drug Delivery.
Tutor and personal study managerMarch 2012 --- October 2013
i teach and Coach pupils, students and adults so they remember what they want to (have to) learn. they learn new Teaching methods and how to use their own standard, often unconscious, Teaching method to the max. futhermore, they learn to manage their study progress and how to be a succesful time manager.
Biology teacherFebruary 2010 --- February 2011
• Teaching, developing learning and practice materials, contribute to new Teaching and learning methods. • guiding individuals and groups of students with projects, term papers, etc. • keep track of study progress through exams and assessment of work pieces. • contribute to the development of educational programs and educational material. • to take part in various activities of the school such as anniversary celebrations, national awareness-raising activities, exchange programs and excursions.
Research associateJuly 2001 --- February 2010
responsible for study design, execution and management several projects involving both University and industrial partners were involved. • present and publish Research results at national and international conferences and in scientific journals. • writing grant proposals for the continuation of projects and initiating new projects. • managing technicians, analysts, bachelor, master, and phd-students. inform, guide and adjust the organizing of and implementation of scientific Research and writing reports, theses, manuscripts and grant proposals.
Sales ManagerJuly 2000 --- June 2001
responsible improved Sales in my district (southwest netherlands). maintaining existing relations and acquire new relations with researchers and buyers.
Teacher in Biologie from Universiteit van Amsterdam in 2011
PhD in Cardiology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics from Universiteit Leiden in 2000
Master of science in Biologie from Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen in 1994
Training and Certification
Laboratory animal certificate in 1996 Certification