I am a highly knowledgeable, motivated and responsible pharmacist, with a strong passion for healthcare. Adept at all aspects of daily administrative management, dedicated and trustworthy to maintaining the highest level of services at all times. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ascertain the needs of patients and health professionals alike whilst maintaining the highest level of professionalism. I believe that my diligence would be an asset to any organisation as I strive for excellence in my tasks.
Pharmacist Trinidad and Tobago
August 2013 --- February 2014
- Backstores; Responsible for ordering medications to ensure an adequate stock for all dispensaries within the institution based on consumption patterns. Full inventory management.
- Total Parenteral Nutrition; Aided in the preparation of parenteral mixtures for neonates in the neonatal intensive care unit whilst employing proper aseptic techniques.
- Proprietary; Pharmacist in charge of department responsible for the issuing of injections, vaccines and stocked medications to the wards on request. Responsible for ensuring an adequate supply of bulk fluids to the wards. Providing evidence based information to support clinical staff and other health professionals in medication rationalisation and usage.
- Inpatient; Responsible for dispensing medications for patients warded and compounding formulations on request. Researching the particular medication for individuals and liaising with patient’s GP to discuss their medication and rationalise usage. Providing evidence based information to support clinical staff and other health professionals.
- Outpatient; Pharmacist in charge of dispensing medications to patients and staff from the various outpatient clinics, responsible for compounding formulations on request. Providing evidence based information to clinical staff and other health professionals. Patient counselling on proper medication usage and medical devices utilisation.
- Ward Use; Pharmacist in charge of department responsible for distribution of bulk solutions from bond, dilution and mixing of stock solutions that are crucial to the functioning of the institution, compounding bulk medicaments for stock in both inpatient and outpatient dispensaries and aseptic techniques.
- Clinical Pharmacist; Worked alongside in a team with physicians and other pharmacists on the medical wards consulting and selecting the appropriate medication based on patient specific criteria. Discharge medication counselling and inspection of all medication stored on the wards.
Administrative Assistant Trinidad and Tobago
May 2010 --- August 2010
On the job training placement as administrative assistant with responsibilities for the renewal of driver’s license and issuing of learner’s permit.
Analytical thinkingDiligenceCritical thinkingCollaborationAssertivenessApproachabilityWillingness to compromiseAttention to detailInnovative thinkingFlexibilityIndependenceTrustService orientedSelf-disciplineSelf-confidenceProblem solvingProactivityOrganizationOptimismInterest in knowledge
DiabetesToxicologyPharmacypharmacologyPatient Follow UpInfectious diseasesGood Manufacturing Practice (GMP)Good Clinical Practice (GCP)Drug Safety and PharmacovigilanceDrug InteractionDiabetesClinical pharmacologyCardiovascular diseasesBiochemistry Scientific writing Medical devicesdutchWordPowerPointMicrosoft ExcelOutlook Labtechnician
Skills and Expertise
Interact with nursesPharmaceutical CompoundingDrug Information and Literature EvaluationOral presentationInteract with pharmacistsCollaborate with medical teamAttend seminars Search literature on clinical trials Interact with physicians Aseptic Techniques Analyze data Interpret data Report data
Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Sciences from The University of the West-Indies in 2013
Training and Certification
Associate of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in 2013 Certification