Lab ManagerAntwerp, Belgium
Since November 2011
- daily operational management of Clinical Diagnostic Lab (Clinical Chemistry, Hematology & Microbiology)
- liaison between Laboratory & technical, information, financial and Human Resources departments
- Project Leader of different projects such as Lab Automation, electronic order Communication, resource Planning, ...
- contact person & follow up of clincial trials within the Lab
- reorganisation of corelab in terms of workstations, workplanning and Education
- implementation of new Automation system
- Lab lead for electronic order Communication system within the Hospital
- many lean projects to optimize Lab processes and increase efficiency
reports to Managing Director uza
Position: Lab Manager Clinical Pathology (klinische biologie)
- Daily operational management of clinical diagnostic lab (clinical chemistry, hematology & microbiology)
- Liaison between laboratory & technical, Information, financial and human resources departments
- Project leader of different projects such as lab automation, electronic order communication, resource planning, ...
- Contact person & follow up of clincial trials within the lab
- Reorganisation of corelab in terms of workstations, workplanning and education
- Implementation of new automation system
- Lab lead for electronic order communication system within the hospital
- Many Lean projects to optimize lab processes and increase efficiency
Reports to managing director UZA
Director Screening & Diagnostic Lab Operations Beerse, BelgiumJune 2008 --- October 2011
within the c.r.e.a.te global Research capabilities organization, i was leading a team of (approx. 80) scientists working on Drug Discovery & Diagnostics in Infectious diseases, neurosciences and oncology.
- key role in successfully move all mechelen Biology laboratories to the beerse site, within timelines & budget.
- integrate 2 discovery Research teams & leverage capabilities, with very different histories and cultures. design and implement new processes and policies, combining the best elements of the 2 teams. this includes scientific components, operational efficiency, hs&e (Health, safety & environment), Human Resources policies, it systems and others.
- active participate in global functional excellence workshops, connecting & leveraging global Research capabilities
- initiate, present & execute proposal to carve-out Diagnostic commercial activities from create
- design & implementation of the departmental Strategy; align globally with us peers, ensure fit with global Strategy
- management of all screening (& Diagnostic) Lab Operations on beerse site
Director Virology Lab Operations Mechelen, BelgiumJune 2001 --- May 2008
acquisition of the company by johnson & johnson in 2002
- development and implementation of High Throughput Screening (HTS) for hiv and hcv; consisting of Assay development, screening, compound profiling, LIMS development, reporting & compound tracking.
- implementation of matrix structure as operating model: gain buy-in & trust of scientific project leaders, set up adequate resource Planning, budget preparation & follow-up, ...
- 2007: optimize processes with maximal use of synergies between Diagnostic & discovery Research labs, respecting fire-wall and patient confidentiality requirements as well as the quality and Compliance standards needed in a cap-clia accredited Diagnostic environment.
Drug DiscoveryDiagnosticsClinical Pathologymolecular biologyChange ManagementHealthcare ManagementLaboratory ManagementOperations Managementpeople managementTeam ManagementTime ManagementProject Management
Skills and Expertise
Planning and organisationdecision makinganalytical thinkingConflict handlingCommunicationTeamwork
Master in Bio-Engineer Sciences, specialized in cell-and gene-technologies. in Bioscience engineering from University of Leuven in 1997
Training and Certification
Harvard Business School: JnJ Strategic leadership program (1 week course) in 2010 Training
UCT Graduate School of Business: Ascend JnJ EMEA Women Leadership Program in 2008 Certification
Vlerick Management School: Young Management Program (1 year program) in 2006 Certification